100 darts at 20's
(04-18-2013, 04:30 PM)Getagrip Wrote: what have you done, your supposed to throw the darts at the board not your arm?

kravmaga training. unfortunately training is on wednesday nights and league darts on a thursday night. so i usually end up playing darts with parts of my anatomy strapped!!
(04-19-2013, 07:43 AM)Catalaya Wrote:
(04-18-2013, 04:30 PM)Getagrip Wrote: what have you done, your supposed to throw the darts at the board not your arm?

kravmaga training. unfortunately training is on wednesday nights and league darts on a thursday night. so i usually end up playing darts with parts of my anatomy strapped!!

Ah that would explain it, I went to a weekend course with one of the main guys who was involved with that for the Israeli army. That was in Coventry about 1995 or 96 I think. It was very interesting but at the time was focused a little too much on gun disarming and knives.

I used to always have bruises like that along my forearms from the Muay Thai though.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(04-19-2013, 09:27 AM)Getagrip Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 07:43 AM)Catalaya Wrote:

Ah that would explain it, I went to a weekend course with one of the main guys who was involved with that for the Israeli army. That was in Coventry about 1995 or 96 I think. It was very interesting but at the time was focused a little too much on gun disarming and knives.

I used to always have bruises like that along my forearms from the Muay Thai though.

great training but rough (and i am not the biggest person around). its one of the main guys from israeli army that trained my dude. i met him a few years ago. they have NO mercy! they do focus on disarming alot especially here. i go on to the next phase soon. hand to hand combat.

ooooo Muay Thai - very cool!!
Cool
it was the training drills I was impressed with, I cant see me ever needing to disarm a gun from someone. I loved doing the Muay Thai though, pity my joints never shared the same passionSad
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I was honing my dart-fu skills and finally beat up my old arch nemesis 106 with a 109. 106 came out with a flurry of submission attempts early on but gassed out towards the end of the round and my superior dartiovasculation allowed me to finish him off with a flurry of T20 combos towards the end.

Seriously though first 50 I was a mile behind my PB but the last 50 came out of nowhere. Sorta gives me hope for improvement if I get a good run.

EDIT: just had a look at leader bard and didn't really move up anyhow, americanmike was on top of me but we both had 106 and the next was 112 by 1in1out, Looks like I'm in training for a shot with 1in's title.

I'm coming to get you 1in.
Me--->:boxing:<----you
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

not done this in a long time , so thought i'd give it another go and the improvement was and astounding , amazing , phenomenal 2 points !!!
[Image: drUF6Pb.png]
still an improvement and thats what countsCool

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

true and when i used to do this i'd do it over and over again then same day to beat my previous score. only had a go this morning so not disheartened by it. every little helps lol
bit better managed a 90 , getting near that 100 mark
I struggle to get to 60 these days my last best after my 86 was 62 but the last few goes have all been around the 50 - 55 mark. I wont give up though, one day soon I will find my new groove.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album