Blade 4 bounce out machine?
I haven't noticed that, but I haven't played on Blade 4s near as much as you.

I walked up to my Gladiator 2 to look for holes in the bull ring, and I see where darts have hit it and made it past, but no marks from bounceouts. Actually I think I see 1 now. But this ring appears to be solid and thinner than the blade 4 bull ring.
I think using the bull so much playing cricket exacerbates the problem. I've posted pictures of swiss cheese bull rings on blade 4s.
[Image: IMG_20150605_152149_zpsjfyan35r.jpg]
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
Heres the bull from my One80 G2. Its seen its fair share of cricket I guess, which is maybe up to 40 games a week with up to 3 or 4 people. I think I have had it for around 6 months. The only one that looks like a definite bounceout to me is the hole on the bottom of the inner ring. Also, I play on this board with different friends and a lot of different darts. Some have super sharp points, like Winmau points, and that must be where the holes came from. I don't remember ever having that style of bounceout with storm points or the target titanium points, which both come rounded and not sharp.
[Image: r5fBFmy.jpg]

Compared to when it was new:
[Image: HqRF3jq.jpg]

Something I never noticed was the rust. We are having a humid year here, but Ive never noticed a rusty spider in other peoples pictures. Does that always happen?
1.  None of us throw the same or use the same equipment. 

Anyone ever watch Jamie Lewis, Michael Smith, or any other player that has a soft type throw? Their darts barely hang in the board. It seems like every time the camera zooms in on the darts I cringe a little bit because I think they're going to all fall out of the board. Some players are just WAY more prone to picking their darts up off the floor. Period. 

A lot of you members here post pics of the darts you use. I see the sharp black points on many of your darts. Guess what? Sharp points = more bounce outs and a chewed up spider. 

I just watched a WEEK LONG BDO event. The Winmau World Masters. Guess how many true bounce outs I witnessed? Not too many at all. Could count them on one hand to be fair. That's after 1000's of darts were thrown in matches. 

So to all the members boo hoo'ing about the board... it's not the board, it's YOU. It could be your sharp points. It could be your slow, weak, lobbing throw. It might even be your ability. Are you a new player? Do you not know the difference between a flight deflection and a real bounce out? <--- that crap might sound rude or jerkish but instead of being quick to blame a board, put yourself in check and ask yourself "maybe it's me" 

Just keep in mind, there's a TON of variations and results will be different for everyone. 
Good points Cy. Whenever people bring up darts not sticking well due to the way they are thrown, I always bring up Kirk Shepherd and Wayne Mardle. They played eachother in this match here, https://youtu.be/s4ts1tmzdTI?t=5m25s . That link should take you right to Kirk Shepherds first 3 darts of the match. As they hit, they kinda wobble and seat themselves in the board, almost like soft tip but not as bad. I think this is due to his darts not flying true as they hit the board. Mardles do it too, just not as bad. Compare that to the way MVG throws, where his darts fly true and all the force is straight into the board.

Now combine that Kirk Shepherd throw with a hit off the wire and who knows if it will stick or not.

The best example I can think of is trying to hit a nail that is crooked, but the force is still coming in straight. Even if the nail doesn't bend (which it would but thats not the point), it isn't going to really drive the nail in. Or for people who like boxing, imagine a hook where the elbow is low, it becomes more of a slap, instead of the elbow being in line with the target and delivering all that force.
Yes cy, some people are more prone to picking darts up. I remember the many times I played spartan he always had dart on dart contact causing darts to miss.  I play with a couple of guys that have dart on dart issues... I am not one of them. It is so obscenely rare I have a bounceout, fall out, deflect out... Anything.

We recently switched to blade 4s from eclipse pros at my home bars.

Same player, same darts, same throw, same venue... Different board. I've had half a dozen bulls on the floor during matches since the switch, and far more during diddles and practice games. I rarely have a bounce out in any other area of the board. The bull ring itself on the blade 4 is the issue. It is hollow and simply too soft of an alloy. I am guessing it has to be since it is folded and shaped like it is. As it gets chewed up, the symptoms get worse. You have a far greater chance of a bounce out on a chewed up ring vs a pristine one.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
I have more bounce outs that you might expect from a blade style board, but probably 1/100th what I was experiencing with a traditional wire board.
I have loads of bounce outs on the Blade 4. Mines pretty new and everyone who's thrown at it has the same problem.