Blade 4 bounce out machine?
(10-06-2015, 03:01 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Cant say I have had many bounce outs at all on mine Smile

you're lucky! i might get a new B4 or maybe switch to a puma bandit. those are the real deal
(10-06-2015, 02:05 PM)RyanPleau180 Wrote: the blade 4 is a great board, nothing wrong with it

i agree, its a great board, but these bounce outs are killing me!
I had a couple of Blade 4's (not the Dual Core ones) and had plenty of bounce outs. Good boards though.
You need to scuff points to grip the sisal but IMO you need to be careful you are not sharpening the points. I think a sharp points digs into the wire instead of sliding off it thus increasing the likelihood of a bounce out.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Yup. With scuffed and rounded points the darts should work on any board, unless it turned into a brick from being over a heater or something. I've heard about that happening, but I live in California where the heater is never turned on.
I am still in a huge doubt, i own a Shot Bandit Plus now because all the bounce outs on my B4, but altough the Shot Bandit Plus is a really great board, with a really fantastic spider(almost no bounce outs), it is a bit to hard for my taste. I am thinking of getting a B4DC after this, but i hope i dont have that many bounce outs then.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
I played against my son in law last night and had 6 bounce outs in a best of 11 leg game, don't know if it was the way I was throwing the PL15's or what
[Image: 15772798406_680313104f_c.jpg]

Member previously known as Daveheald

I played for 2 weeks on a Shot Bandit and had maybe 2 bounce outs. Liked the board a lot and felt it was a little harder than the B4 I own but also the holes never healed like the B4
(10-18-2015, 07:13 AM)Joene Wrote: I am still in a huge doubt, i own a Shot Bandit Plus now because all the bounce outs on my B4, but altough the Shot Bandit Plus is a really great board, with a really fantastic spider(almost no bounce outs), it is a bit to hard for my taste. I am thinking of getting a B4DC after this, but i hope i dont have that many bounce outs then.

I bought my dad a Bandit Plus and I used to have the regular Bandit. Both these boards are the perfect density for me, but the spider on my regular bandit got really wavy, and sections of the board bulged, and pushed the spider out. The Bandit Plus spider is attached to the backboard I think, so hopefully that won't happen. I've seen ChristheFish say that his Bandit was super soft and all darts would go up to the barrels when thrown regularly. Now you are saying the board is hard. It must just be inconsistent manufacturing, or different batches of sisal maybe.

One of my friends just got a Blade 4, and it works nicely for us. Ive never seen a bounceout on that board unless it was caused by hitting a dart already in the board.

So you could really buy all 3 boards you mentioned, and have all of them be too soft, then buy them all again and have them all be too hard. 

Im surprised people are having problems with the Blade 4. In my experience with a rounded and scuffed point, you don't get many bounceouts at all. Ive hit the wire and had darts barely hang on, but Ive never had one bounce back unless the point was super sharp. Then you can walk up and actually see the hole you just put in your spider.
The blade 4 suffers a massive design flaw. The bull rings are not only hollow, but they are made a metal alloy that is way too soft. I think I've had 2 bull bounceouts ever on my alien (which is the shot/puma), and I get at least 3 a day playing on blade 4s at bars. It is such a simple fix, and I've mentioned it before...

Winmau... Please.... Make your bull rings solid, hard metal and those bounce outs will turn into bounce ins.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
(10-18-2015, 04:17 PM)Dmott Wrote: Im surprised people are having problems with the Blade 4. In my experience with a rounded and scuffed point, you don't get many bounceouts at all. Ive hit the wire and had darts barely hang on, but Ive never had one bounce back unless the point was super sharp. Then you can walk up and actually see the hole you just put in your spider.

I throw 20.4 gram darts... The points are rounded more so than a ballpoint pen. I don't throw hard. I have  the most bounce outs on the blade 4 bull than any other board I've ever played on. I've owned b4, 2 eclipse pros, an alien, and an old accudart staple board... I've played on countless boards over the last 3 years doing 2 leagues and local tournaments. 

Read my post above.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]