Blade 4 bounce out machine?
(10-05-2015, 06:06 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I have 2 blades and both have equal amounts of bounce outs. Maybe once or twice each in 1 1/2 hours of practice. Both boards are about 2 years old. I just bought a Shot/Bandit so anxious to report on it.

Used to play on a Bandit Plus at work, thinnest wire i've ever played on. The wires are basically flush with the sisal and never had bounce outs. BUT drop outs, way too many. The sisal is so dense that it barely takes the points, so scuffing the points are a must. But great board.
(10-05-2015, 07:02 PM)Grey Owl Wrote: On my 3 blade 4 .... no problems and I practice on the bulls.

How hard are you throwing?

I used to lob quite a bit, trying to force the follow through now for a harder flatter throw. But regardless of the technique, I feel the darts still shouldn't bounce this often surely?
(10-05-2015, 05:53 PM)Fred Raket Wrote: I throw many times near the wire, so i had a lot of bouncers on all Blades. on my Bull's i have no wire bouncers

Recently I had a bounce on the bull and the dart came back all the way to the oche, I caught it and the point pierced my palm. Not fun at all hahaha
(10-05-2015, 07:53 PM)atas41 Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 06:06 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I have 2 blades and both have equal amounts of bounce outs. Maybe once or twice each in 1 1/2 hours of practice. Both boards are about 2 years old. I just bought a Shot/Bandit so anxious to report on it.

Used to play on a Bandit Plus at work, thinnest wire i've ever played on. The wires are basically flush with the sisal and never had bounce outs. BUT drop outs, way too many. The sisal is so dense that it barely takes the points, so scuffing the points are a must. But great board.

Yep, i had a B4, but when i got all the bouce outs i gave my b4 to my brother and i brought a Bandit Plus. Scuffing up is indeed a must, my brother with 19gr still cant play on the bandit plus and really loves the b4.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
How old is your board? Is your bull battered?! From the bounceouts you have been getting have the points flattened the wires thereby making them bigger and giving them more surface area for future darts to hit and bounce off?
If you push a dart in by hand does the sisal feel harder or like it doesn't want to accept the dart (a dead spot)?
i would suggest scuffing and rounding your points as that will help the point to grip the sisal and not fall out and the rounding will help the point glide by wires rather than sticking in them
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

the blade 4 is a great board, nothing wrong with it
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
Are your bounce outs off the wire or off the sisal?

My B4 rejects darts off the wire, but then I constantly hear them hitting wires and going in. I get many per day. I think the points need to be rounded slightly to slip more.

Off the sisal maybe just a poorly thrown dart.
Cant say I have had many bounce outs at all on mine Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(10-06-2015, 02:03 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: How old is your board? Is your bull battered?! From the bounceouts you have been getting have the points flattened the wires thereby making them bigger and giving them more surface area for future darts to hit and bounce off?
If you push a dart in by hand does the sisal feel harder or like it doesn't want to accept the dart (a dead spot)?
i would suggest scuffing and rounding your points as that will help the point to grip the sisal and not fall out and the rounding will help the point glide by wires rather than sticking in them

Yeah I think that may be the issue, the bull ring looks pretty flat to me.
I threw one right at it earlier and the dart came back right at me, i had to jump so as to not have my leg sliced open right there. hahaha
(10-06-2015, 02:31 PM)BigE Wrote: Are your bounce outs off the wire or off the sisal?

My B4 rejects darts off the wire, but then I constantly hear them hitting wires and going in. I get many per day. I think the points need to be rounded slightly to slip more.

Off the sisal maybe just a poorly thrown dart.

definitely the wire, don't think it's come off the sisal for me.