Priestley Trebles Practice
I love this practice game!
1. Throw 3 darts at treble 10
2. Score 1 for a single and 3 for a treble
3. Carry on through the trebles up to 20
4. Max score is 99!

It's really helped my treble scoring when throwing for big out shots and cover shots. Anyone tried this? What's your best score? Mine is 48. Priestley hit 78!
[Image: oIDxeLS.png]
I uses to play 180 round the clock or whatever it is called, same thing, but you start from 1 to 20 so the max you can score is 180, 3 darts in every treble, of course I score 180 every time I play............................ in my dreams Smile

But its good practice although for 501 you don't really need to be going for the very low numbers but its still good for practising accuracy and consistency Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(09-24-2015, 07:19 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I uses to play 180 round the clock or whatever it is called, same thing, but you start from 1 to 20 so the max you can score is 180, 3 darts in every treble, of course I score 180 every time I play............................ in my dreams Smile

But its good practice although for 501 you don't really need to be going for the very low numbers but its still good for practising accuracy and consistency Smile

Same scoring method I take it? I'll have to give that a go. It's the consistency I'm working hard on at the mo.
yeah same scoring
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(09-24-2015, 07:15 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: I love this practice game!
1. Throw 3 darts at treble 10
2. Score 1 for a single and 3 for a treble
3. Carry on through the trebles up to 20
4. Max score is 99!

It's really helped my treble scoring when throwing for big out shots and cover shots. Anyone tried this? What's your best score? Mine is 48. Priestley hit 78!
Yeah this game is great for all the reasons stated above, it is also very good at improving your grouping. Priestley states that there is not a lot of point doing the numbers below 10 as you're not very likely to use those in match situations. Let me tell you 48 is impressive, 78 is unreal. It is a very good practice game and not hugely time consuming or frustrating, like some can be!
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
I think 48 is good but my score wouldn't be anything close to that. Good going
Been doing this nearly daily for a few months. Gone into the 40s a few times but usually average around the mid 30s. When I first started I was usually around the mid 20s so just shows that, for me, this works!
Has this actually helped your 501?
(09-25-2015, 06:54 AM)BigE Wrote: Has this actually helped your 501?

Is has for me. As I said, it's helped me be more consistent in my cover shots and given me a bit more confidence in leaving myself decent out shots rather than keep throwing until the first double pops up.
Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Practicing Doubles And Trebles..... Black Dog 13 3,621 07-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Dave0251
  My Key Trebles Practice Video Dorian 11 1,484 02-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Balin