Warm Up Advice
Hi guys

I'm looking for advice on a decent warm up before practice. Do you guys have any particular rituals and how long do you do it for?
[Image: oIDxeLS.png]
Ahhhhhhhh....I think most of the guys here do 16 oz. (pint) curls before a match. (some do quick 1 oz. (shot glass) curls)

Me..I try to do light arm stretches.

If my shoulder is a bit balky....a hot shower with a pulse spray on my throwing shoulder followed by an application of "IcyHot"...BenGay ointment...to keep it loose. {At home, not at the Pub} I try not to over throw the day before.

It sucks getting old...er.
(09-18-2015, 06:45 PM)redhedkev Wrote: Ahhhhhhhh....I think most of the guys here do 16 oz. (pint) curls before a match. (some do quick 1 oz. (shot glass) curls)

Me..I try to do light arm stretches.

If my shoulder is a bit balky....a hot shower with a pulse spray on my throwing shoulder followed by an application of "IcyHot"...BenGay ointment...to keep it loose. {At home, not at the Pub} I try not to over throw the day before.

It sucks getting old...er.

Lol. Several pints used to be all I needed. Age is getting the best of me and I always suffer with some joint or another (all them years of playing rugby). Some days my shoulder and tricep are nice and loose and some days they are really seize. I'm actually starting to do yoga in the vain effort of getting some movement back.
[Image: oIDxeLS.png]
Yoga is excellent...so is Pilates. I miss it myself, used to do it before I moved further away from my job. Especially with my lower back. (long story...failed engagement...moved out of apartment...that kinda stuff...but joined dart league in area around new "home".)

I'm an MR tech...see alot of aging "grid iron" heroes now.
Warm up on the bottom of the board.... when the arm begins to loosen up, go higher.

Do aim at something, but don't get overly concerned about hitting it. eg. 6 darts at dbl 3, then 6 at each dbl in each pair at the next highest level up the board. 6 @ D16 / 6 @ D17, D7/D2 etc... until you get to the top.

By that time, you should be loose enough to start aiming a bit more seriously.... so throw a dart at something and follow with the next two.

I am not a big fan of warming up by trying to hammer the T20....
5 throws at double 20
Then around the board hitting the single segement of each number
I warm up by standing half the distance to the board. Gives me the chance to get my arm operating and it's easier to tell if my darts are flying straight, since the short distance doesn't give the flights time to correct a bad release.

When my arm feels loose, I step back to the oche and throw generally towards the bull. Not caring what I hit.

When I feel comfortable from there, I go 20-11 just trying to hit the fat part.

By then, I'm loose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Takes ages to warm up properly Atilla 17 900 12-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Atilla
  Warm up time JB_Fraser 10 855 09-24-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: The G
  My warm up routine The Jester 3 444 04-25-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  How long it takes to warm up Omp 9 1,138 09-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade