Suggestions about dart weight to start with
I am pretty new to darts, I have had an electronic soft tip board and have played it off and on. Never really played it enough to get very good but recently I have gotten more interested in it and have been playing more. So far I'm really not accurate at all, and I have been wondering if I would be more accurate if I could use heavier darts, but I couldn't really do that on my dartboard because it would only take 18 gram darts and mine were 17 already. So I decided I would get a regular bristle board and some steel tip darts and see the difference it would make for me. (I kinda wanted to try steel tips anyway lol) I have a board ordered but I just can't decide what weight of darts to start out with? I have no clue. I thought maybe 24-26? Any suggestions! Thanks for any help.
24-26g sounds a good start point for steel tip darts.

Don't go for expensive Taylor or Anderson darts to start with, maybe get a couple of cheaper sets from Pure Darts from the McCoys or Hi-Tec ranges - maybe one straight barrel and one bullet shape. They may be cheaper, but they are just as good, especially if starting out on steel tip and not sure what weight or style to use.

http://www.puredarts.co.uk/
Hello and welcome aboard! Welcome to darts too. That weight range is good to start with, I usually suggest 24 or 25 grams but you have to remember that some darts if they are front weighted will feel heavier at the front. Its probably best to start with a straight barrel set for that reason but no need to spend a fortune on them as your in a testing phase.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I agree with the previous weights suggested. I tell new players to try 23 only because that is IMO the middle of the road in most used dart ranges.
[Image: aOjMFD3.jpg]
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                  Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart weight? TheBigKahuna 27 2,370 09-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Alex0706
Information A Collection of Awesome Threads (Tips, Tricks, Suggestions & Routines) Milkysunshine 42 13,925 07-10-2018, 09:41 PM
Last Post: desmondtan93
  When to Start looking at Doubles? Snooks 34 3,094 01-31-2018, 01:32 AM
Last Post: hamo
  Any suggestions for barrels? croutledge 9 1,579 12-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: croutledge
  dart weight for arthritic arm woodcocs 7 3,866 05-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: The D'Artist