show us your throw
(12-08-2017, 08:33 PM)woahprettyricky Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterLooks to me that you are pulling your arm to the right during the follow through, or is it just the camera angle? Can't really tell. Doesn't look to me like you are brushing your chin with the flight. Seems to be just beside.

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Target 9Five Generation 3s Cool  23.g (weighted 22s) 32mm points.  How can I miss with them arrows?  Undecided   

Here's my throw after 6 months of playing. Been tweaking a lot of things lately, but I'm starting to find something that works for me. Any feedback is welcome!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp55vj7qmjc6nt...b.mp4?dl=0
Started playing: September 2017 | Highest checkout: 142 (T19 - T19 - D14) | Best leg: 17 darts
Darts: Superdarts Hero 23g / Target RVB95 19g ST | Board: Winmau Blade 5 / Gran Board 2
A quick vid shot on my phone earlier today.

[video=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/video] Register

I only did it to watch myself throw. If I can set up a camera better, I'll be able to shoot a better vid.
A better vid, as I balanced it on a box in my cupboard..

[video=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/video] Register

Comments welcome.
Throwing movement looks nice and relaxed.

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Target 9Five Generation 3s Cool  23.g (weighted 22s) 32mm points.  How can I miss with them arrows?  Undecided   

Thanks. After picking darts up after umpteen years I just gripped them how it felt natural and threw them like that. Years ago it was a Jocky Wilson style I had, and lately I found myself throwing like Bristow used to (but couldn't control them). I'm still evolving my grip and trying not to get into a bad habit.
I would guess your darts fly pretty straight.

(03-31-2018, 09:59 PM)DanC.Licks Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
They're starting to  Big Grin
Not the best video sorry.  I would love some input as I'm pretty sure my current halt in progression is to do with mechanical consistency.

https://youtu.be/affAqWOhpy8

Today's the first time I've filmed my throw and sat here watching them I've realized I don't have a clue what I'm actually looking for! Lol  Blush

Any tips on how to break down/analysis your own footage and decipher the clues I'm all ears folks  Smile
(04-05-2018, 03:25 PM)Gareth Hodge Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I would say that's a pretty good base.  Sure, you can suggest little tweaks here and there - i.e. elbow position might be a little low - but the fundamentals look sound.  Kind of doubt lack of consistency is a throwing fault per se.

Just my 2 cents worth...