How to choose the right darts and setup
I can see I'll be visiting this fantastic post again and again as I begin to try to figure it all out. Thank you!
This post was great and helped me loads but I do have 1 question.

I'm currently using 25g front loaded darts which are great however I'm having to force height which as your post says means I need a heavier dart. I want to keep the same type of darts which are offered in 26g & 28g which of these would you recommend? I'm asking because 1g doesn't seem to be that much of a difference to what I'm currently using.

Thanks for any advice.
The light dart will be affected more by drag than the heavier dart. That would make it travel slower across the room so it has more time to drop.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
(03-01-2017, 11:50 PM)BigE Wrote: The light dart will be affected more by drag than the heavier dart. That would make it travel slower across the room so it has more time to drop.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

In terms of a using a heavier dart though should I go up to 26g or to the 28g dart?
I just bought new darts, BD Gold (26g) I love them but the tail hangs down and the dart tends to fall out of the board which is frustrating. I do not throw soft so why is it falling out of the board. I love the look of the dart, it's a straight barrel. I love the sleek straight barrel design but tail hangs down and dart falls out of board.

I do not like I repeat I do not like the front loaded darts with the big baseball bat looking shape, is not esthetically as pleasing to look at as straight barrel.So I want to come up with a solution to keep my BD Golds in play, help!
Bigmoe99, if your dart is landing tail down, you might want to consider a longer stem or a larger flight, or possibly both. Each will have the effect of picking up the back of the dart
thanks I will give these a try
Informative; thank you!
Great post, cheers. I could not get the photo examples to load but good info for sure.
Thank you very much for this post. Very interesting and informative!
Mckicks Premium Mighty Grip 21g
Datadart Sawtooth 25g
Adrian Lewis Gambit Brass 18g
Power Storm 22g

Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core