How to choose the right darts and setup
Just reading this now after already purchasing my 5th? set of darts lol. very good thread and lots of good info
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
what a great post. Huge +1
Great post. Had to buy some front loaded darts cause of it!
ok so i read the first post like 3 times and this excerpt seems counter intuitive (as some thing are in life)

"the dart is too low then use a heavier dart if the dart is too high then use a lighter dart"

and i am just checking.( i would think a heavier dart would sink more so you would use a lighter dart if hitting below the bull)

...........and if some one could explain that to me why...that would be very cool too.

cheers Smile
(01-02-2017, 05:43 PM)kenstogie Wrote: ok so i read the first post like 3 times and this excerpt seems counter intuitive (as some thing are in life)

"the dart is too low then use a heavier dart if the dart is too high then use a lighter dart"

and i am just checking.( i would think a heavier dart would sink more so you would use a lighter dart if hitting below the bull)

...........and if some one could explain that to me why...that would be very cool too.  

cheers Smile

Well, i believe there are some limits when too heavy is too heavy. However, just imagine you're throwing either a tennis ball or a table tennis ball at the dartboard. Which one would you think you're likely to throw too up? If the example with tennis balls doesn't work then imagine throwing with some feathers :-)
Fantastic advice, if only I didn't get distracted by shiny pretty things that probably aren't any good for me (in darts and in life).
[Image: 39952462010_db5ca0a1d0_b.jpg]

Darts: 22g Azzurri Cortex CX2 | 180's (total): 85 | 180's 2019: 1 | Highest Checkout: 136 (T20, T20, D8)
Okay,

I will cut through the chase, I have tried setting up with my front foot horizontal to the throwing line and my body facing to the right of board(I am Left handed). and trying to keep arm level, I am inconsistent and have no luck.

I decided to go back to how I stood when I played regularly 20 years ago and that was facing forward to the board with my resting food just to the left of my lead leg. and almost immediately I started throwing more consistant and actually got two darts in the triple twenty and the third dart missed but I think I was to excited after getting first two in the triple twenty.

I know all the best stand sideways but it doesn't work for me and its uncompfortable as hell.

advice please.
I dont stand sideways as I find it uncomfortable too, sometimes you just have to go with what works best for you, everything else is just logical guidelines on how to do it but although it may in theory be the better way in practice its not always the case.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Excellent read. Brain food Smile
Awesome post, very helpful for a beginner!