How to choose the right darts and setup
This thread is full of useful information. Thanks!
This is a fantastic thread and really useful. Just tried a few different combo's of stems,flights and I think I am close
to the right setup manage 2 in the bull, very happy.

Thanks
I ended up getting a set of the cheaper darts you mentioned, equivalent to the hitec primals https://www.puredarts.co.uk/hi-tec-100-s...4g%29.html but in 21Gram.

Hope they are OK, I wanted to go down in weight a little from my 24G assasins.
Great post im sitting realising now whats going on with the setups im using and the pieces are coming together! Thx Big Grin
Glad you all find it useful, I wish Dirty G was here to see it Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I just stumbled across this thread. While i'm not exactly a beginner to the game there is some awesome information in this thread that i've never given too much thought to in regards to my darts setup.

+1 from me G.
2017 180 count - 3
Board - Blade 4
Darts - Unicorn Hamilton 23g with storm points
Oche - Duct Tape
This is a great post. Thanks for the great resource and tips.
Darts: Harrows Bristow Black 24g
Shafts: Harrows Keramic Medium
Flights: Harrows Marathon Black
great write up thanks for all the helpful information
Great post.
Thanks Wink
Great Advice Thank you
With shape there is also the effect of loading. With steel tips it's not as easy, but in soft tip darts it's quite easy to have a large max diameter at the front of the dart but still have it rear loaded (the centre of gravity is towards the rear of the barrel). Surely this will have a large effect on the dart setup too.

I wish manufacturers would list the CG point for each barrel along with the diameter, length and weight...
Dabbler and over thinker...
Just outside Montreal

Current darts: Winmau Sniper 18g barrels; Lippoint plastic tips; #4 Fit Spinning shafts and Fit Super Shape flights
Home board: Blade 4 (playing with soft tips)
Discipline: Flight School
great thread has helped me throw a bit better
for the beginners,front loaded darts might be better
Hello everyone. I am little bit lost in choosing of new darts, hopefully someone can give me some advice. Look at the picture. It is Harrows Assasin Expert AX5 (barrel 16,5g, diameter 6,8 in the fatest place, 43mm long, whole dart weights about 18,7g). See where do I grip the barrel. My game is getting worse and worse and I do not know why, many thrown darts are falling on the floor without staying in the dartboard. Would be better for me a straight barrel? This one is a bit frontloader and I am holding the dart in 2/3 of the barrel... I would welcome any advice from you, guys. Thx.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's right to the point and lays it all out there. Very useful information and well spoken. Thanks for the great post!!!!