How to choose the right darts and setup
Thanx fot the +'s peeps!
The question pops up so much that it had to be addressed, hopefully it will knock of Oh I dont know about a year of tinkering and a few dollars for someone.

(06-10-2013, 12:25 AM)bullseye69 Wrote: this will help get an idea on flights
@ bully:
Thats great info on the flights thanx B, I like the look of the L5C 950's . Was looking for a tad more surface area over the pear shape, especially near the bottom of the flight.

The angle my darts land is quite a bit different between a kite and a pear shaped flight yet they have almost the same surface area, Think this is because the main surface are on a kite is more towards the back of the flight which gives it that longer stem effect and the kick in my dart changes slightly.
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

That is the rocket shape. I like it. I like pear a little more. But im gonna trybthe Astra next. I generally throw a slim but want a touch more drag.
Target Precision Pioneer 25g, LStyle Champagne Pear Flights, LStyle Silent Shafts 260's, 30mm Storm Points.
great post DG. This topic comes up over and over. Good to see a post that summarizes it all and quite nicely at that. Have a +1 from me
Great post
Top post G man have a +2!
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I moved it to beginners as I think its useful there and stickied it too
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks Darren, that means allot too me.
sniff sniff
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

awww! you deserve it GWink

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

When reading this post it all made sense. But then I thought about the difference in weight between hard and soft tip darts. I am under the impression that hard tip darts are much heavier then soft tips. If that's the case then how do you find the right weight when wanting to play both?
Steel Tip:
22g Carrera C10,C9,C3
Soft Tip:
18g Target Carrera C11,C1
18g Cyclones
Total 180's 1
First 180 Nov 8 2014 on wda
Trips for show, Dubs for dough
Play with soft tips with titanium points or l style hard lips
[Image: drUF6Pb.png]