Your darting life so far??
(03-15-2016, 03:45 PM)5euros Wrote: More of a fan than a player, I lack the patience and composure required, although I do love going to darts events, you just cannot beat live darts

I find it awesome, and respectable when someone knows themselves well enough to admit something isn't for them because of personality traits.

Well played!

I see some people that insist on playing this game, usually at a poor level because they get so frustrated and upset at every little thing. They fire their darts across the room, punch walls, scream, and even punch the board and tear their hand open... 

We all get disappointed, and possibly angry at ourselves... but you are right.  It takes composure and patience to not fly off the handle and make a fool out of yourself.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
Sucks
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

Hi,

my life dart so far is 4 months only  Smile  and at the moment my average score is around 45-50.

Not so great , but I am continuing to work for better results .
DartBoard at home: Winmau Blade 4, Gladiator III One 80
DartBoard at club  : Winmau Blade 5 / DC /

Best checkout - 151
Best dart leg   -  18 darts

Darts used: 23g - Target Distinction Orion Pixel
I have just begun my dart life. Ooohhh boy do I need a lot of practice..
(06-21-2016, 03:42 AM)BaoDown Wrote: I have just begun my dart life.  Ooohhh boy do I need a lot of practice..

Well keep at it and have fun! Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I started a couple months ago, as I thought darts would be a fun addition to my little beer garden/brewing area. I assumed it would just be casual, as something to do while the beer was brewing, but, it has gotten the better of me. I'm now constantly on this forum, reading about tournaments, watching matches on YouTube, and thinking about my next practice session. Ha! But like my girlfriend says, there are worse habits to have. At least it keeps me home for the most part, and out of trouble. Good point. I'll keep playing!
(06-28-2016, 04:55 PM)gh1977 Wrote: I started a couple months ago, as I thought darts would be a fun addition to my little beer garden/brewing area.  I assumed it would just be casual, as something to do while the beer was brewing, but, it has gotten the better of me.  I'm now constantly on this forum, reading about tournaments, watching matches on YouTube, and thinking about my next practice session.  Ha!  But like my girlfriend says, there are worse habits to have.  At least it keeps me home for the most part, and out of trouble.  Good point.  I'll keep playing!

And you're brewing your own beer.   Win/Win situation for all concerned.    Your girlfriend has nothing to complain about if you're home brewing your own stash, spending time practicing darts and watching darts on the computer, and chatting it up with like minded folks on the darts forum.

Now, if she does start to get a little snippy, just pop out to the local watering holes, spend hard earned money on their beer and practice there every once in a while.    Then she'll appreciate your home based activities even more when you return.

There is a method to my madness.

*Disclaimer* I am twice divorced, so any advice taken from me may lead to trouble. LOL
Haha. I'm once divorced, gumbo, so I hear ya. I agree on all points, though. I like the beer I make better than the ones I can get out and about, and I can drink as many of them as I want, and low and behold, I'm already at home! Perfect!
Watching darts since years, playing since last summer (ca. 14 months). Right at the beginning i contributed to webcamdarts. not the worst decision at all Wink Before i played Futsal in the highest swiss devision. Quit in March this year because of the arrows. joined a club immediately afterwards (March 16) and playing the ranking tournaments here in Switzerland since may (ca. 5 by now). Playing everyday with a lot of fun. Quite happy with my progression. However the bad thing is that i have big problems in important situation. E.g. Matchdarts in a ranking tournament. Can't throw properly in these situation, Can't almost release the dart. It's absolutely sickening! nevertheless i know that this is normal for a beginner. just hoping that this will not happen in the team-league which is starting this weekend.

ah yes last but not least, played my best game over a longer distance (average wise) on Webcamdarts tonight. I'm Paggu, so i lost it 4-5. Sad However i'm really happy with my progress and my level after 14 months of playing this beautiful game!

[Image: Best%20game%20so%20far_zpsxoeepfcp.jpg]
Im a lifer. My dad was one of the better players in our city so grew up watching and learning from him. Been throwing since I was a wee fella, and started playing in dads team when I was 11. Moved to Australia about  12 years ago and stopped playing. Getting back into it now and it's a struggle to be fair. But I'm enjoying it though and hoping to travel to some tournaments next year,  the best part is my wife is super supportive Of my darts addiction.
There Are No Heroes, Only Warriors
Its 3.20am and im suffering from my first case of pre-final nerves stopping me from sleeping.
(10-03-2016, 03:19 AM)JDorks Wrote: Its 3.20am and im suffering from my first case of pre-final nerves stopping me from sleeping.

Play a few legs in your head and you'll be asleep in no time. Smile
(10-03-2016, 03:29 AM)Great White North Wrote:
(10-03-2016, 03:19 AM)JDorks Wrote: Its 3.20am and im suffering from my first case of pre-final nerves stopping me from sleeping.

Play a few legs in your head and you'll be asleep in no time. Smile

I tried but i was on double 1 for 15 arrows and woke up in a cold sweat.
(10-03-2016, 03:32 AM)JDorks Wrote: I tried but i was on double 1 for 15 arrows and woke up in a cold sweat.

Oh dear. Lol

Hopefully you get some rest and all the best in your finals. :thumbup:
(10-03-2016, 03:34 AM)Great White North Wrote:
(10-03-2016, 03:32 AM)JDorks Wrote: I tried but i was on double 1 for 15 arrows and woke up in a cold sweat.

Oh dear. Lol

Hopefully you get some rest and all the best in your finals. :thumbup:
Cheers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts & Work Life ?? DAVEISTHENAME 4 219 10-25-2019, 12:41 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  The greatest nite of my darting life so far: please read! NiteEyez 26 5,501 04-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: JamieJ