Your darting life so far??
LOL of course Smile

Just round the corner and down the bottom for a very long way then Tongue
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
My dad was a brilliant player so I would watch him practice all the time growing up. It was when we moved to Fordingbridge in Hampshire around the mid 90s when I started playing properly and I was around 17-18 at the time. Me and my dad starting playing for a local village c league team and we ended up blitzing the league in our first season. We moved up to b league but the competition got a little stiffer and a lot more serious! I stuck it for a year then moved to another c league team where I ended up coming 2nd in the singles trophy (I lost 1 game whereas the bloke who won it was undefeated). I moved out of my parents soon after and moved to Tring in hetfordshire where I joined another local team and I had varying degrees of success (I hit a 130 checkout in a match and was promptly doing laps of the pub for a good half hour lol).

I played on and off for years but didn't really take it any further. I lived in Berkshire during the early 2000s and worked in a pub and had a lock in for the guys after their league match and played some games for money. They were usually hammered at this point so I did quite well off them Smile.

I also played for a team in doncaster and again I had varying degrees of success but I just never bothered to practice. I joined the navy in 2007 and lived in portsmouth ever sincee and my darts went on the back burner because I started playing rugby which led to a major chest and shoulder injury and a hell of a lot of rehab.

I stared throwing again about a year ago after a good 6-7 year lay off. I've become an avid collector and although I don't play for a team, I'm putting in at least 30 mins a day (when work and family allows it!) Although my 2 year old loves to sit and watch and it keeps him quiet! I randomly joined this forum in January this year and not looked back since! I've become more passionate about the game as times gone on and I'm throwing better darts than I ever have. Just need to join a team and put it to good use....

I think that's all?
[Image: oIDxeLS.png]
Nice posts guys interesting.
Nice post Serial7 Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-30-2015, 09:20 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice post Serial7 Smile

You're welcome. My dad would thrash me for years on the board until I learnt how to beat him. Remember him nearly getting into a fight in a league match for doing a Harrington 125 finish because his opponent was winding him up all evening. That was a personal highlight lol.
[Image: oIDxeLS.png]
LOL sounds like a good night Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-29-2015, 09:40 AM)Getagrip Wrote: LOL of course Smile

Just round the corner and down the bottom for a very long way then Tongue

If you get to New Zealand you've gone too far
some great stories here Smile
[Image: 15772798406_680313104f_c.jpg]

Member previously known as Daveheald

my darting life.... hmmmm,, well,, I remember having a board as a youngster and being thrashed by my brother playing any form of game.. Then as I got older it was mostly if someone had a board. Then pub life and just mates.. Then I met a girl and we had a garage attached to the house so, straight through the kitchen past the dishes and darts haha.. I have a good eye and have always been able to beat most I play but never taken it seriously.. Now I, a little older and single after a relationship breakdown several months back , its screw women I'm concentrating on getting to the PDC tour haha.. So here I am 3 weeks off my 40th b'day and so keen to play as much as possible and go for gold... And thanks to someone putting a board up in the smoko room at work, I have got the drive.. So onwards we go... Smile
(08-26-2015, 06:40 AM)Banz Wrote: It was like the boy's own adventure dream I used to have when I was little only with darts instead of Middlesbrough Football Club. (Anyone who knows English football can compare the relative standards of MFC and suburban Brisbane B-grade darts...)

Nice story Banz, although I reckon the quality of darts is better than the football Lol Angel
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The greatest nite of my darting life so far: please read! NiteEyez 26 5,349 04-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: JamieJ
  Darts is life biggs180 4 596 04-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Last Post: mc1958