Soft Tip Etiquette
Just wondering what general etiquette is regarding changing tips mid leg when playing soft tip either online or local tournament.

I've had a few bad throws while playing online and struggled through the rest of the leg with a mangled tip as I wasn't sure if it was kosher to change tips or not.
(07-13-2015, 01:06 AM)thpethalK Wrote: Just wondering what general etiquette is regarding changing tips mid leg when playing soft tip either online or local tournament.

I've had a few bad throws while playing online and struggled through the rest of the leg with a mangled tip as I wasn't sure if it was kosher to change tips or not.

I can't imagine it being any different than changing a bad flight, but that's just an opinion as I am not a soft tip player.
I'm sure soft tip experts will pipe in......

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

This is perfectly fine, at least as far as everyone I play with is concerned. Not sure is there is a specific rule or not. Having said that I can usually just straighten the tip mid play and all is good. Of course you have to change a tip if one breaks.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

I can't speak for others, but I would gladly wait for my opponent to change tips Smile, unless that person is doing it repeatedly to cause delays. Angry
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
From the National Dart Association ,,, Tips used must be standard factory issue for Electronic Darting and cannot have broken tips,,,

I know so peeps that use tips that bounce out 80% of the time,,,it bugs the crap out of me ,, but hey if you like picking your darts up every round ,, by all means knock yourself out,,,,,
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
I don't play soft tip, but given that they seem to have no problems with Dersch and Kirchner taking about 5 minutes for their actual throw I can't see taking 10 seconds to change a tip causing any issues
It's no big deal if you have to change a tip. It takes all of 10-15 seconds anyway. But to be honest, the technology in tips has changed quite a bit. I use Lip Points and used the same 3 tips for a few months. I rarely break a tip.
(07-13-2015, 07:01 AM)Cyanide Wrote: But to be honest, the technology in tips has changed quite a bit. I use Lip Points and used the same 3 tips for a few months. I rarely break a tip.

Yep! Tips are starting to last longer than shafts...

If you aren't happy with your tips just replace them. I usually put a few spares in my pocket or on a nearby table. Saves me the hassle of grabbing and opening my wallet when one breaks and more importantly, this stops you from feeling the need to rush.
[Image: fQ2fu2q.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts Etiquette - Good stuff *Saber* 85 27,591 05-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Mainedarts