L-STYLE and LARO Systems Explained / JUST ADDED: How to get rid of the RATTLE!
(07-04-2016, 09:40 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 08:36 AM)Alvin Martin Wrote: I had broken my carbon silent shaft just now, after just only 4 months of use.
Maybe because the shaft part is still plastic, only the top part(spinning top) is carbon. Wish they have made the bottom part carbon also.
Still a bit sad to see this happens, as this carbon shaft is not cheap.

Ahh, the part just at the threads. Many bounce outs on hard floors? Is the bottom part of the shaft hollow?

Yep. Hard floor it is, tiles exactly.
I think it has endured all the bounce out till now, Maybe thats why it broke.
No, it is not hollow, it is very solid, and a very hard plastic they use.

Lesson here, go buy a carpet for the floor. Hehe.

Gonna go buy another set of this shaft later. At least I'll have 2 spares. Hehe..
Trinidad X Breland
L-Flights Astra shape
L-Shaft Straight Silent Carbon
Lippoint Premium

Total 180 2016: 25
Alvin Martin and me are the same person. Never notice that as I was using the different phone. 1 accesed from facebook, this 1 I sign up. Hehe..
Trinidad X Breland
L-Flights Astra shape
L-Shaft Straight Silent Carbon
Lippoint Premium

Total 180 2016: 25
(07-05-2016, 08:54 AM)alienmartian22 Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 09:40 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 08:36 AM)Alvin Martin Wrote: I had broken my carbon silent shaft just now, after just only 4 months of use.
Maybe because the shaft part is still plastic, only the top part(spinning top) is carbon. Wish they have made the bottom part carbon also.
Still a bit sad to see this happens, as this carbon shaft is not cheap.

Ahh, the part just at the threads. Many bounce outs on hard floors? Is the bottom part of the shaft hollow?

Yep. Hard floor it is, tiles exactly.
I think it has endured all the bounce out till now, Maybe thats why it broke.
No, it is not hollow, it is very solid, and a very hard plastic they use.

Lesson here, go buy a carpet for the floor. Hehe.

Gonna go buy another set of this shaft later. At least I'll have 2 spares. Hehe..

I guess they must have re-formulated their plastic. Some of their earlier ones, especially the slim locked were actually springy. Could also be that the standard are more solid?
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
Well after 4 months it is never fun to break an expensive shaft.  I also thought that after breaking one of the tangs on my carbon silent shafts by using a flight without a shell cap.  I am still using the shaft and it holds the flights on with the shell cap.  No breaks on bounce outs.
I tried switching to the Cosmo system however not carbon just their hybrid and regular.  I have broken 4 out of 9 shafts in 3 months all due to bounce outs, and all the breaks at the threads.  So I will go back to the L-style and just replace at the end of one year when they rattle too much, unless I find how to tighten it up.  My luck is none of the L-style shafts have broken on bounce outs with the same darts that have broken 4 Cosmo shafts on bounce outs.
I also wish the complete shaft would be carbon and actually did not know it wasn't until I read about it on this site. Hopefully they make them better now but who knows, good luck if you get another set.
(07-08-2016, 11:33 PM)trekbowl300 Wrote: Well after 4 months it is never fun to break an expensive shaft.  I also thought that after breaking one of the tangs on my carbon silent shafts by using a flight without a shell cap.  I am still using the shaft and it holds the flights on with the shell cap.  No breaks on bounce outs.
I tried switching to the Cosmo system however not carbon just their hybrid and regular.  I have broken 4 out of 9 shafts in 3 months all due to bounce outs, and all the breaks at the threads.  So I will go back to the L-style and just replace at the end of one year when they rattle too much, unless I find how to tighten it up.  My luck is none of the L-style shafts have broken on bounce outs with the same darts that have broken 4 Cosmo shafts on bounce outs.
I also wish the complete shaft would be carbon and actually did not know it wasn't until I read about it on this site. Hopefully they make them better now but who knows, good luck if you get another set.
Try silicon based lubricant spray, it will fix the rattle.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
[Image: 5SLgQZY.png]
I have tried the Silent and the laro version.
I don't know why but i prefer the silent. The laro version i had started spinning very fast after an hour use.
The silent took months before i noticed it getting looser.

Also the fact that the silent is a bit smaller. Both are advertised as intermediate. And have 260 on the box.
The laro is a few mm longer.
Just in case people are wondering if the champagne flight system works with laro shafts...
It does and I find the laro's have an even stronger hold on the flights compared to l-shafts.
(This is comparing carbon silent l-shaft to carbon laro's by the way.)

And while the laro shafts are longer in total length, if you press your flight all the way down there's no difference.

Cheers!
Red
[Image: WP_20160914_16_30_56_Pro_zpsvfxtqtvr.jpg]
[Image: fQ2fu2q.png]
Thanks for the info, Red!  Smile
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
I am now playing 4 months with one set of shafts and flights.
This stuff wont break.
Does anyone have experience with laro carbon locked with slot lock rings? I got some laro polys but they dont hold the flight near as tight as my trusty pro grips. I went laro only because they come in extra short size as pro grips do not. Any intell would be appreciated! (P.s. i use both L-rings and target titanium rings)
My main arrows - Shot! Longitude 918 3 series no.5 20g full set up,  Target pro grip stems (short), lippoint no.5 points (dynasty no.5 conversion for steel), harrows marathon flights (punched), target titanium slot lock rings

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New O-ring style product from L-style (also Paul Lim in silly cat ears) JDorks 11 4,333 10-27-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Pac