L-STYLE and LARO Systems Explained / JUST ADDED: How to get rid of the RATTLE!
I use the L-style carbon shafts they have been great. Nice review and explanation.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
How durable are they against Robinhoods? (Steeldart)
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g,Shot 9ti Black 24g, Sigma 970 Pro LP 23g, ...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

[Image: 26558475674_b3f9f26b2b_b.jpg]
(04-29-2016, 02:48 PM)Eyebala Wrote: How durable are they against Robinhoods? (Steeldart)

If you use metal champagne rings its virtually impossible I would have thought - I've been using Laro's and L-Shafts for a couple of years (both nylon and carbon) and have never broken one. They also work with Whizlocks:
http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=20305
(04-29-2016, 02:54 PM)4737 Carlin Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 02:48 PM)Eyebala Wrote: How durable are they against Robinhoods? (Steeldart)

If you use metal champagne rings its virtually impossible I would have thought - I've been using Laro's and L-Shafts for a couple of years (both nylon and carbon) and have never broken one. They also work with Whizlocks:
http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=20305

I don't see how you can break the plastic ones either...Haven't had that happen in an year now, and im on the same set of caps ( although i have like 6 other sets ). They are in mint condition after all that time.
I have the carbon L-shaft extra short and have used them for 6 months with the shell caps not the metal caps.  That means regular flights that were punched not the molded flights.  I have had a robin hood in the shell cap that did not break the shaft just not score for that dart.  I then removed that shell cap and robin hood the same dart the next throw and broke one part of the shaft because I did not replace the shell cap only the flight bad move on my part.  However I then put on a new flight with a new shell cap and it has been holding up well for a month, even with the missing tang on the shaft.

I will say that after 8 months I am starting to feel a rattle in the silent shafts I have been using so they do loosen up after long periods but will still work holding on flights even with one tang on the shaft broken off as long as you are using the shell cap or maybe a champagne cap also.
Really good post. Thanks.
good review i've used l style for a couple of years now and i haven't had a single robin hood in that time
I had broken my carbon silent shaft just now, after just only 4 months of use.
Maybe because the shaft part is still plastic, only the top part(spinning top) is carbon. Wish they have made the bottom part carbon also.
Still a bit sad to see this happens, as this carbon shaft is not cheap.
(07-04-2016, 08:36 AM)Alvin Martin Wrote: I had broken my carbon silent shaft just now, after just only 4 months of use.
Maybe because the shaft part is still plastic, only the top part(spinning top) is carbon. Wish they have made the bottom part carbon also.

Ahh, the part just at the threads. Many bounce outs on hard floors? Is the bottom part of the shaft hollow?
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
(07-04-2016, 08:36 AM)Alvin Martin Wrote: I had broken my carbon silent shaft just now, after just only 4 months of use.

Well this is unfortunate, i own several set's of L-Style shafts, some for longer than an year. Would still buy them without thinking twice, even if i broke one.
[Image: 5SLgQZY.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New O-ring style product from L-style (also Paul Lim in silly cat ears) JDorks 11 4,408 10-27-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Pac