KEY TREBLE PRACTICE DRILL
I'm always trying different things to hone my skills and I have added the following drill which is helping me a great deal.

It's a very simple routine that will improve your %'s at hitting the important trebles when scoring or trying to reclaim what's heading towards a poor throw especially if you've managed to block a treble.Angry

All you do is throw one dart at each treble and keep rotating until all 15 marks are completed. Even if you hit say all the 18's first you must keep going one dart at all 3 trebles until finished.

T20 X X X X X

T19 X X X X X

T18 X X X X X

I've done this half a dozen times and it's surprising how well you can do, give it a go. Smile

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Does T20 XXXXX mean five throws at the treble twenty, etc.?
Hi Redhedkev,

You have to get 5 trebles whilst throwing in the order 20/19/18, and as mentioned 1 dart at each etc, and even if you complete one of the numbers you keep going on all numbers until all trebles have 5 hits. It truly is a great drill and will greatly improve your chances of getting the all important cover shots.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

If you add T17, T16 and T15, you've got the cricket numbers covered.
Yes you could do that too.....I'm just focussing on the higher trebles for scoring purposes.

Thanks for your interest. Smile

Best regards
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

This is similar to one I posted a little while back. I often use it as a warm up before league (where we play Cricket and 501).

I throw one dart at each treble: 20, 19, 18. For any hit, I add the next lower at the end for the next round. Typically, I only use the Cricket trebles and bull (The red bit).

Example:
Round 1:

60 - Miss
57 - Hit
54 - Miss

Round 2:
60 - Hit
54 - Miss
51 - Hit

Round 3:
54 - Hit
48 - Miss
45 - Miss

And so on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  24gm Unicorn Phase 2 Purist, short nylon stems, standard Robson Plus flights.
okay..i will try your practice drill dorian...and thanks
RebelModdarts: Tongue darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanced Double/Treble Practice Dorian 4 245 07-16-2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Fernando de Oliveira
  Targeted grouping drill: K3 BigE 9 2,376 03-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: chak840
  Treble trainer Bounce Out 12 783 03-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Flight School A1 Drill Android App expos1994 6 1,422 09-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Last Post: JayPro
  My 1-20 Double/Treble 'Around the Clock' Routine Dorian 2 863 02-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Post: BigE