VSPhoenix Experience and review
(10-01-2018, 03:34 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I think the big problem with soft tip over here is most of us would prefer to spend cash on beer/drinks when playing darts down the pub, not put it in a soft tip machine

I free practice on VSPhoenix here without paying a single cent, just throw away at the board for a few hours until I'm worn out! When I'm ready to record my count up or to play against people, only then I will pay.

When I do pay, it will be very fun and interesting, something a bristleboard lacks, the sound effects of a bullseye hit is just satisfying and the hat trick and low ton awards. Random people will gather around and watch you, the real fun of soft tips. Trick awards give extra in-game gold to purchase special effects.

And during my casual practice, I can hit properly, but after I insert my money....I start to get nervous and miss every shot, totally lost my form!! Undecided
(12-03-2018, 12:34 PM)LKH9 Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 03:34 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I think the big problem with soft tip over here is most of us would prefer to spend cash on beer/drinks when playing darts down the pub, not put it in a soft tip machine

I free practice on VSPhoenix here without paying a single cent, just throw away at the board for a few hours until I'm worn out! When I'm ready to record my count up or to play against people, only then I will pay.

When I do pay, it will be very fun and interesting, something a bristleboard lacks, the sound effects of a bullseye hit is just satisfying and the hat trick and low ton awards. Random people will gather around and watch you, the real fun of soft tips. Trick awards give extra in-game gold to purchase special effects.

And during my casual practice, I can hit properly, but after I insert my money....I start to get nervous and miss every shot, totally lost my form!! Undecided

does no one tell you to stop throwing for free?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(12-03-2018, 02:36 PM)Getagrip Wrote: does no one tell you to stop throwing for free?

The owner at the arcade shop doesn't care, he even gives me free soft drink and drink discount for helping him to pull out the broken tips from the all the machines every time I visit. Because I have to borrow pliers from him.  Big Grin

He knows I throw for 4 hours non-stop each time I visit, pretty crazy.
Lucky you Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-03-2018, 03:22 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Lucky you Smile

A few days ago I asked him how it actually operates, to whom the money belongs to, he says the paper notes we insert belongs to the actual owner of the machines, he gets paid monthly for having the machines in his shop. Maybe that's why he doesn't care whether you pay or not.

Because  all other machines and pool tables in the arcade shop uses tokens to operate, while these VSPhoenix exclusively run on paper notes, that's why I asked him, and they are locked, he doesn't have the keys to open them. Rolleyes

Whenever I'm there, the new casual players don't even have to approach counter receptionists, I can just guide them on how to use the machine and tell them where to borrow the cheap pub darts.
(12-04-2018, 12:01 AM)LKH9 Wrote:

A few days ago I asked him how it actually operates, to whom the money belongs to, he says the paper notes we insert belongs to the actual owner of the machines, he gets paid monthly for having the machines in his shop. Maybe that's why he doesn't care whether you pay or not.

Because  all other machines and pool tables in the arcade shop uses tokens to operate, while these VSPhoenix exclusively run on paper notes, that's why I asked him, and they are locked, he doesn't have the keys to open them. Rolleyes

Whenever I'm there, the new casual players don't even have to approach counter receptionists, I can just guide them on how to use the machine and tell them where to borrow the cheap pub darts.

Hope the machine owner doesn't read DartsNutz!  Tongue
Excuse me for my english. I use google translate.

answering the question about who is the money of the machine vsphoenix, the collection of a Dartboard is distributed as follows: 40% for the distributor, 40% for the local and 20% for prizes of different tournaments and league.
The game that I always recommend to beginners is the Archery Mode! No counting, no complications, no rules, just aim at the bull! I love it too!
(12-04-2018, 12:01 AM)LKH9 Wrote:

Yeah I was explained about it when they brought the machine to my house, the revenue for having them was rubbish, they wanted me to go around and get bars to install them but all you get was a percentage of what the machine makes and as its not popular here there would be no worth to it. They contacted me about a year later with another revised contract but was not much better.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Maybe it's because in Asia it's a lot more popular, VSphoenix is just everywhere, bars, shopping malls, even a shop dedicated to softip machines! I think that arcade owner gets a good pay for having them, because the rental in that shopping mall costs an arm and a leg!!

But then there is a snooker shop nearby with only 2 VSPhoenix machines, both broken down, now even switched off completely, the shop owner doesn't care to repair them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grandboard 2 VS Dash Personal Experience TJSlayer 17 5,254 02-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: TJSlayer
  1st time playing soft tip experience shingmm 5 1,013 08-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Last Post: shingmm
  Anyone have any experience with the Twomlow 16g's NiteEyez 0 435 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez