VSPhoenix Experience and review
Thanks Darren,

I am more convinced than ever now that I will never support the plastic game, everything about it reeks synthetic and ATARI and contrary to your view I would hate this to take off in the UK. I can see that for the people who have grown up playing computer games and spending several hours in a virtual reality world that this is just another type of arcade game may feel great but as a traditionalist I say No-Way (and I recall you saying that you were a game addict yourself Wink )

There's nothing wrong with this of course but looking at the size of the bull, doubles and trebles etc on your review I simply do not rate it anywhere near the challenge of playing the steely game but can see some establishments who see it as a potential good little earner :dodgy:

I also would have been curious to know the dimensions of the segments on the board to get an idea of a comparison with a real board as you've done with every other board review. A couple of years ago I sent an e-mail to a few Soft Tip boards manufactures one of which was owned by Sega seeking to find out whether there were any standards governing board dimensions and could they give me the dimensions of their boards etc.......I'm still waiting a response. Smile

As most would appreciate I am already biased and Yes guilty of rolling out the old chestnuts of Soft V Steel but so be it.

In terms of the imagery and video the review was excellent as usual but I wish you there had been a direct comparison between on both set ups dimensionally for those considering a change from one to the other.

I could also see that written all over Rocky's face was soft tip / steel tip can I hammer Darren on both? *WHOOFF  Big Grin

*YES

Cheers Smile
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Smile I think it will have its place as a different version of darts and as long as people have fun doing it it will remain popular .
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Played it for the first time yesterday, as all of my experience had been dartslive. I like the machine better in terms of presentation, and as far as i'm concerned its quieter than the DL machine, but i'm partial to the LED boards for whatever reason.
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
the flashing lights! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I've never played steel tip, ever. Prior to joining the local VSPhoenix league I had only thrown darts maybe a half dozen times in my life. So for me the fancy board with the animations and sounds is all I've ever known. Not sure playing on a basic steel tip board would be as much fun.
Flashing lights are awesome! I love being American!! Woo hoo!!!

haha

I will be online Phoenix a little before and after Steel league tonight. Probably around 6pm PST and 10ish after league.
Under my real name
Scotty Burnett or ScottyB I forget
(01-20-2016, 09:12 PM)A-ZDarts Wrote: Flashing lights are awesome! I love being American!! Woo hoo!!!

haha

I will be online Phoenix a little before and after Steel league tonight. Probably around 6pm PST and 10ish after league.
Under my real name
Scotty Burnett or ScottyB I forget
Nothing wrong with flashing lights unless it hurts your eyes I guess, or it is the cops chasing you on the motorway lol Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I loved your review of the board! I watch it every once in a while just because I love it! These are the machines they have in the town I live and they are great! Just as the review states, very easy to learn and play the games! Again, great review!!! Cheers!!!!!
Glad you like it!

It certainly is great fun though Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

We use these machines quite a bit here in Spain, The league set up is excellent!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone have any experience with the Twomlow 16g's NiteEyez 0 453 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez