VSPhoenix Experience and review
This is what we play on for my league. I've looked around online trying to find one I could buy for the house but they just don't seem to sell them. From what I could find on their website it seems that they don't even sell them to the vendors/bars, they do some sort of profit sharing thing.
(12-04-2015, 09:43 PM)Dan203 Wrote: This is what we play on for my league. I've looked around online trying to find one I could buy for the house but they just don't seem to sell them. From what I could find on their website it seems that they don't even sell them to the vendors/bars, they do some sort of profit sharing thing.

Yeah thats right you have to sign a contract to have them in your establishment.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I found the Gran Board 2 which isn't quite as fancy but has the same color scheme and a cool tablet interface. Think I might aslo get the stand and a dedicated tablet for it so it'll be a similar experience for my house.
(12-06-2015, 04:26 AM)Dan203 Wrote: I found the Gran Board 2 which isn't quite as fancy but has the same color scheme and a cool tablet interface. Think I might aslo get the stand and a dedicated tablet for it so it'll be a similar experience for my house.

You can consider Vdarts H2 or Darts Connect which is on Kickstarter now too. These give a online experience similar to the VSphoenix.
I looked at both of those. I'm not a fan of Kickstarter, had a lot of bad experience with products on there. The Vdarts H2 is something I seriously considered, but the Gran Board has a color scheme that's identical to the VSPhienix boards, which I liked, and was available from a US supplier rather then having ro buy from overseas. I didn't really care about online play. I mainly wanted something with the same color scheme as the VSPhoenix that could keep running track of my stats. I have a Arachnid 650 right now, and it's OK, but it doesn't keep stats and has a weird color scheme compared to the VSPhoenix.

Edit: If VSPhoenix ever comes out with a home board where I can use my own card and keep track of my stats on their website like I do with league I'll probably pick one up. For now I hope the Gran Board will be enough to tide me over.
I dont know if the will ever do a home board but if they did I would be surprised if it had built in online access as they make their money solely from the coin drop and subs to the online service and through tournaments, but I dont really see why they could not do the same as Vdarts and make money from a home board too?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

If they charged a monthly fee for the online part I could see that being a decent business model. Or maybe they could charge a per matchup fee, via in app micro purchases, for the online part so it's similar to a coin drop.

Personally I'm not really interested in online play. I was mainly looking for a board that could keep stats so I could see if I was improving. I also wanted something that could do "full bull" mode so that 01 games worked the same as in league. (my 650 does not) The fact that it has the same color scheme as the boards we play on is also a bonus, since the 650 has an oposite theme where segments that are dark in league are light on it, or vice versa. You wouldn't think that would matter, but it actually throws me off a bit and force me to look at the numbers to get my barings. The famcy sounds, animations, etc... are nice, but not really necessary.
I found the online was good but I think I had more fun when playing in the same room with friends and family Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I'm mainly just trying to get better and want something that can track stats. Would be nice if there was a vsphoenix home board so I could use the same system to track my stats for league and practice, but the Gran Board is close enough that I think I will be happy. Right now I'm just using an Arachnid 650 and counting in my head how many turns I take at the board before I get out. It'll be nice to see an actual PPD and MPR value.
You could probably just build a spreadsheet to do the maths and score calcualting.
Plenty of apps on the phone that have dart scoring and stuff. Yes a little bit extra work but wouldn't have to spend 150+ dollars for it Smile

I practice with a bristle board.

$60 vs 300+ (not including tax) makes more sense to me.
Current setup: Cosmo Darts John Part Signature barrels - 18gr,
Cosmo Titanium Fit Shaft, 24mm.
Cosmo Delta Flights - Shape

Previous setup: Harrows Wolframs RAM, 16.5gr + Cosmo "Duraluminum" Shafts and Delta Shape flights.

Standard 30mm conversion points for steel play.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grandboard 2 VS Dash Personal Experience TJSlayer 17 5,281 02-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: TJSlayer
  1st time playing soft tip experience shingmm 5 1,017 08-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Last Post: shingmm
  Anyone have any experience with the Twomlow 16g's NiteEyez 0 440 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez