VSPhoenix Experience and review
wow this machine is super cool.if i ever hit the lotto i will get one for sure.
(09-29-2018, 06:03 PM)eddiegrant Wrote: wow this machine is super cool.if i ever hit the lotto i will get one for sure.

yeah its great fun but struggling to take off in UK
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
There used to be quite a few places all over the country with either Dartslive or Phoenix machines with several places in London alone - last time I looked at the venues for London (which wasn't long ago) there were only 4 left, and 2 of those were in the suburbs.
(09-30-2018, 11:06 AM)Getagrip Wrote:
(09-29-2018, 06:03 PM)eddiegrant Wrote: wow this machine is super cool.if i ever hit the lotto i will get one for sure.

i have a page i liked on facebook an darts live online uk league i think darts live is the main machine over here and maybe this machine is costly looks dear to me but also very nice maybe will take off in time.i think if a uk tv channel picked up soft tip darts it would help it grow big time.
(09-30-2018, 09:28 PM)eddiegrant Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 11:06 AM)Getagrip Wrote:

i have a page i liked on facebook an darts live online uk league i think darts live is the main machine over here and maybe this machine is costly looks dear to me but also very nice maybe will take off in time.i think if a uk tv channel picked up soft tip darts it would help it grow big time.

I think eventually it may get more popular but will be tough to crack the UK market, steel tip is too ingrained.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Don't really 'get' the soft tip experience with the machine and sound effects, bit too 'carnival' for me.  But often wondered if the UK market would be better off with the Euro soft tip board.  Never heard of any machines with that configuration, just the board alone.  Seems might make some sense in a steel tip dominated market - same segment size, same oche distance.

Guess the machine's are designed for entertainment, and such niceties are irrelevant.  But when you see cameras and auto-scoring coming out for steel tip, have to wonder...
I think the big problem with soft tip over here is most of us would prefer to spend cash on beer/drinks when playing darts down the pub, not put it in a soft tip machine
Now that's something I can relate to Mike! Big Grin
La liga Phoenix España va muy bien, lo malo son los campeonatos de España que está mal organizado desde el punto de vista que se juega en una carpa sin aire acondicionado, y no sabes a qué hora jugaras, te las horas esperando. Por lo demás, es una gran diana, aunque los segmentos me gustan más los de radikal
Que?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-01-2018, 03:34 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I think the big problem with soft tip over here is most of us would prefer to spend cash on beer/drinks when playing darts down the pub, not put it in a soft tip machine

I free practice on VSPhoenix here without paying a single cent, just throw away at the board for a few hours until I'm worn out! When I'm ready to record my count up or to play against people, only then I will pay.

When I do pay, it will be very fun and interesting, something a bristleboard lacks, the sound effects of a bullseye hit is just satisfying and the hat trick and low ton awards. Random people will gather around and watch you, the real fun of soft tips. Trick awards give extra in-game gold to purchase special effects.

And during my casual practice, I can hit properly, but after I insert my money....I start to get nervous and miss every shot, totally lost my form!! Undecided
(12-03-2018, 12:34 PM)LKH9 Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 03:34 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I think the big problem with soft tip over here is most of us would prefer to spend cash on beer/drinks when playing darts down the pub, not put it in a soft tip machine

I free practice on VSPhoenix here without paying a single cent, just throw away at the board for a few hours until I'm worn out! When I'm ready to record my count up or to play against people, only then I will pay.

When I do pay, it will be very fun and interesting, something a bristleboard lacks, the sound effects of a bullseye hit is just satisfying and the hat trick and low ton awards. Random people will gather around and watch you, the real fun of soft tips. Trick awards give extra in-game gold to purchase special effects.

And during my casual practice, I can hit properly, but after I insert my money....I start to get nervous and miss every shot, totally lost my form!! Undecided

does no one tell you to stop throwing for free?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-03-2018, 02:36 PM)Getagrip Wrote: does no one tell you to stop throwing for free?

The owner at the arcade shop doesn't care, he even gives me free soft drink and drink discount for helping him to pull out the broken tips from the all the machines every time I visit. Because I have to borrow pliers from him.  Big Grin

He knows I throw for 4 hours non-stop each time I visit, pretty crazy.
Lucky you Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-03-2018, 03:22 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Lucky you Smile

A few days ago I asked him how it actually operates, to whom the money belongs to, he says the paper notes we insert belongs to the actual owner of the machines, he gets paid monthly for having the machines in his shop. Maybe that's why he doesn't care whether you pay or not.

Because  all other machines and pool tables in the arcade shop uses tokens to operate, while these VSPhoenix exclusively run on paper notes, that's why I asked him, and they are locked, he doesn't have the keys to open them. Rolleyes

Whenever I'm there, the new casual players don't even have to approach counter receptionists, I can just guide them on how to use the machine and tell them where to borrow the cheap pub darts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone have any experience with the Twomlow 16g's NiteEyez 0 490 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez