VSPhoenix Experience and review
(06-11-2015, 11:53 PM)darkhorsekorea Wrote: Is it possible to get the Union Jack cards, or are they a limited edition? Do the cards work worldwide or just home country (I know the Japanese ones don't work in Korea)? Got a limited edition metal card if anyone wants to trade.

I think they are U.K. market only.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(06-09-2015, 10:35 AM)kamikersie Wrote: The downside is the cost to play on one of these things...... when you think about it a steel tip board costs £20.00 and will last you as many games as you play.... for 20 quid on one of these machines you may get 10 games (even one night)

Yeah, it costs, but everyone's suffered the 'I'll nip down the pub for a game... oh no-one turned up.' Thing. At least you are guaranteed to get a game on these... barring technical difficulties, of course.

The cost is a barrier, also the 'need new darts to play' thing. Although most players I know hardly need an excuse to buy fresh tungsten....

Although I prefer steel, the soft tip boards are good for the game. Anything that brings in new players is good in my opinion. I think that the soft tip boards are less intimidating for someone new to the game. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't play in leagues because they're embarrassed to chalk a game. That's not an issue with soft tip darts.
I hate the DL boards though. They are way too flashy. They really put me off.
CincyDarter,

I think you are dead on. I play in a soft tip league (much less fancy boards by the way, but still work fine) and we have folks of all abilities. We have open and handicapped in our league (open being no handicaps). I personally would be intimidated to play steel tip in a league. Plus with soft tip I can drink and have fun more easily.

I play on Archanid G3 bullshooter machines for online. Seems pretty similar to the VSP but maybe a bit less fancy. It's very addictive to play online. Especially when there are not a lot of people to play when going to a bar. I could sit at the steel tip boards (6 of them in our bar) and be by myself just about the whole day. Whereas I can be up and playing someone from around the world just about all day on the G3 machine. Seems like the bullshooter machines are not quite as popular, but still a lot of people playing on them. Mostly everyone is playing cricket...which I think is a very fun game and is my favorite dart game. But I still like throwing some 501s in there.

Seems like the VSP is worth a look. I believe there are a few in my area.
GOLGO-13,

The bullshooter machines seem to be popular around where I live, but I haven't played on one in many years. I also have a problem getting a steel tip game in the bars around me. It seems that nobody plays anymore unless they're in a league. I'll have to see if I can find a G3 board in a bar I like and if I do, we'll have a game or two.
(07-07-2015, 07:17 AM)GOLGO-13 Wrote: CincyDarter,
Plus with soft tip I can drink and have fun more easily.

I'm living, breathing proof that you can play steel tip, drink... drink some more... then continue drinking and still have fun.

I always have a ride. It isn't worth the risks.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
I requested for that limited edition card as souvenir. Yes you can use it the place where you register/activate it.

Quote:Hi,

First of all, I'm Kelvin, partner of Alan. I understand that you are from USA and Im so sorry that the cards are made for UK dedication launching. But do not worry, i will definitely send you some on the next batch.

Hope you understand.

Cheers
The VSP team responded positively I think that was 2 months ago.

Still staring outside the window, waiting for it to arrive.
(07-09-2015, 06:42 PM)majeek Wrote: I requested for that limited edition card as souvenir. Yes you can use it the place where you register/activate it.

Quote:Hi,

First of all, I'm Kelvin, partner of Alan. I understand that you are from USA and Im so sorry that the cards are made for UK dedication launching. But do not worry, i will definitely send you some on the next batch.

Hope you understand.

Cheers
The VSP team responded positively I think that was 2 months ago.

Still staring outside the window, waiting for it to arrive.

if they send you a few , edgar
i would like one for a souvenir
i got something you might like in return Big Grin
some times it helps to stand out by the mail box Tongue lol
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

Great review as per usual, I'm not a soft tip player however if I had access to one of these machines I think I would be a regular player( ie every night) . Looks like a great product I only wish I owned a pub to put one in.
Well done again grip.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
Cheers Ben, yeah it was good fun, would much prefer a machine like that instead of the home boards Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

This is what we play on for my league. I've looked around online trying to find one I could buy for the house but they just don't seem to sell them. From what I could find on their website it seems that they don't even sell them to the vendors/bars, they do some sort of profit sharing thing.
(12-04-2015, 09:43 PM)Dan203 Wrote: This is what we play on for my league. I've looked around online trying to find one I could buy for the house but they just don't seem to sell them. From what I could find on their website it seems that they don't even sell them to the vendors/bars, they do some sort of profit sharing thing.

Yeah thats right you have to sign a contract to have them in your establishment.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I found the Gran Board 2 which isn't quite as fancy but has the same color scheme and a cool tablet interface. Think I might aslo get the stand and a dedicated tablet for it so it'll be a similar experience for my house.
(12-06-2015, 04:26 AM)Dan203 Wrote: I found the Gran Board 2 which isn't quite as fancy but has the same color scheme and a cool tablet interface. Think I might aslo get the stand and a dedicated tablet for it so it'll be a similar experience for my house.

You can consider Vdarts H2 or Darts Connect which is on Kickstarter now too. These give a online experience similar to the VSphoenix.
I looked at both of those. I'm not a fan of Kickstarter, had a lot of bad experience with products on there. The Vdarts H2 is something I seriously considered, but the Gran Board has a color scheme that's identical to the VSPhienix boards, which I liked, and was available from a US supplier rather then having ro buy from overseas. I didn't really care about online play. I mainly wanted something with the same color scheme as the VSPhoenix that could keep running track of my stats. I have a Arachnid 650 right now, and it's OK, but it doesn't keep stats and has a weird color scheme compared to the VSPhoenix.

Edit: If VSPhoenix ever comes out with a home board where I can use my own card and keep track of my stats on their website like I do with league I'll probably pick one up. For now I hope the Gran Board will be enough to tide me over.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone have any experience with the Twomlow 16g's NiteEyez 0 490 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez