VSPhoenix Experience and review
(06-09-2015, 04:00 AM)VSPHOENIX UK Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 12:50 AM)habanerojooz Wrote: Nice review Darren. It looks like you enjoyed yourself and you had fun. Best of all, you've now tried soft tip and you can comment on it from experience.

FYI: tThe segments/holes of the VSP boards are similar to what you'll see on an Arachnid board.

I see that it is 50p for 1 Credit on the VSP board in the UK. How many Credits does it take per leg of 701 or Cricket?

Hi,

1 credit = 50p

301 - 1 credit
501 - 2 credits
701 - 3 credits
CR - 2 credits
Online Versus Movie - 2 credits

Thanks for the reply. Good luck on your UK expansion.
Finally took the time to watch the video review, and it's awesome Darren. These machines seem like a good step up on my Dartslive experience. Too bad there are none in my province. I've sent the Canadian VSPhoenix people an email about this, maybe they have some in the pipeline.
Dabbler and over thinker...
Just outside Montreal

Current darts: Winmau Sniper 18g barrels; Lippoint plastic tips; #4 Fit Spinning shafts and Fit Super Shape flights
Home board: Blade 4 (playing with soft tips)
Discipline: Flight School
The most appealing thing to me is the ability to always get a game. We're there many playing split bull double out 501 on there?

I'm trying to think of suitable venues around my way (which is actually Leek in Staffordshire... yes I've met Bristow, he's not as much of a tail as I thought he'd be. This is faint praise.) Most of our pubs would struggle to fit the machine, or have a lively steel tip scene. As for my limited experience with Stoke, the only obvious one is a Wetherspoon. .. so no hope there.

(06-09-2015, 12:50 AM)habanerojooz Wrote: Nice review Darren. It looks like you enjoyed yourself and you had fun. Best of all, you've now tried soft tip and you can comment on it from experience.

FYI: tThe segments/holes of the VSP boards are similar to what you'll see on an Arachnid board.

I see that it is 50p for 1 Credit on the VSP board in the UK. How many Credits does it take per leg of 701 or Cricket?

Thanks Donny! Smile

I enjoyed the home soft tip board I reviewed a while ago but I never expected the full machine experience to be so much better like it is, I was hooked which is not so good for my dodgy arm lol it is still a bit sore after a few days Smile

Interesting info on the Arachnid too, cheers!

I dont see why it cant be a success here in the UK and live alongside steel tip, I'm sure traditional steel tippers may abhor the idea but its not like soft tip has not been around awhile, its well established elsewhere so times change and things move on and I think its here to stay.

(06-09-2015, 04:22 AM)pilmat Wrote: Finally took the time to watch the video review, and it's awesome Darren. These machines seem like a good step up on my Dartslive experience. Too bad there are none in my province. I've sent the Canadian VSPhoenix people an email about this, maybe they have some in the pipeline.

Cool, hope they can get something done near you then Smile

(06-09-2015, 09:17 AM)Pundy79 Wrote: The most appealing thing to me is the ability to always get a game. We're there many playing split bull double out 501 on there?

I'm trying to think of suitable venues around my way (which is actually Leek in Staffordshire... yes I've met Bristow, he's not as much of a tail as I thought he'd be. This is faint praise.) Most of our pubs would struggle to fit the machine, or have a lively steel tip scene. As for my limited experience with Stoke, the only obvious one is a Wetherspoon. .. so no hope there.

I think there was a good few playing the Pro 501 version, same as UK. I think once more UK venues get them in then you will see that version increase.

I think a lot of pubs will have limited space as most are often not big places unless it was originally built for a large customer base but they dont have to go into pubs, they can fit into cafe bars, sports centres etc Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
The downside is the cost to play on one of these things...... when you think about it a steel tip board costs £20.00 and will last you as many games as you play.... for 20 quid on one of these machines you may get 10 games (even one night)
i would love to have a play on one of those. thanks for the review Darren, and also thanks to Kelvin and Alan for giving you the chance to review it. If i win the lotto tonight i think i might just have to buy a machine Smile

I reckon this would be a great night out with friends and i think even some of my mates who are not into darts would have fun playing on a machine like this.
(06-09-2015, 11:20 AM)rich345 Wrote: I reckon this would be a great night out with friends and i think even some of my mates who are not into darts would have fun playing on a machine like this.

You are spot on there rich. I went to london with a friend who has played but not with great interest....... he loved the soft tip machine and was actually better at it than steel tip Big Grin
sounds like you had a great time. do you play much soft tip? i have never played
(06-07-2015, 06:54 PM)majeek Wrote: We caught someone who appears to be throwing darts while his accomplice taps the bullseye for higher scoring and the win.

Pathetic when this happens right? Good thing there's a camera angled at the board as well just like the Arachnid boards have.
The camera's do appear to be a lot sharper on the VSPhoenix I must say. On the Arachnids, especially when playing vs someone with a poor (wifi) connection, the image quality is rather disappointing so I'm curious how these are in that regard.

Impressed none the less!
[Image: fQ2fu2q.png]
(06-09-2015, 12:06 PM)rich345 Wrote: sounds like you had a great time. do you play much soft tip? i have never played

Nah... Only been 3/4 times but the dartslive boards are about 3.5 hours on the train to paddington then an extra journey to get there so it becomes expensive.

Hoping to get back soon though!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grandboard 2 VS Dash Personal Experience TJSlayer 17 5,700 02-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: TJSlayer
  1st time playing soft tip experience shingmm 5 1,059 08-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Last Post: shingmm
  Anyone have any experience with the Twomlow 16g's NiteEyez 0 453 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez