Poll: Which Carbon System?
L style
Cosmo
Other???
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
L Style or Cosmo Carbon *Poll*
(05-17-2015, 04:45 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I did not know that....good info to have. I may have to give them one more chance. When the Silent shafts first came out, I ordered a set and was not impressed. The shop accidentally sent me 3 full sets and told me to keep the other 2...I ended up giving them away and it seemed no one else cared for them either. They're not bad if you're used to regular spinning flights from the past but they can't compare to Cosmos (in tightness).

I'll have to try out the carbon version..makes sense they would be tighter since carbon is harder/can be more precise. I'm currently using the Laro/Joker Driver carbon shafts and those could easily hold a set of folding flights tight without rings.
JayKay,

L-style has written back, and confirmed that it is the spinning portion that is carbon.

According to the marketing material on FaceBook: "Feedback from players who have tested it are fantastic with the main comments being that there is very minimal to non-existent rattling and that the flight stay locked on the shaft very tightly."

L-style's recommendation where flights staying locked onto the shaft is: "The Flights are best locked tight with Champagne Rings inserted to the Champagne Flights."

From the sounds of it, the Carbon Silent may have much tighter tolerances aka, does not rattle so much, if at all.

A small hint from a county player is to pop the spinning portion off with a jeweler's screwdriver and dab a very small amount of silicon grease to eliminate all/any rattle.

Hope this helps.

BTW, if you try it and it does not gel with you, could I have them? Big Grin
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
(05-17-2015, 09:35 PM)Regulatori Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
The fixed shafts are really quite impressive in a subtle way - feel, fit, material. But this is the opaque plastic ones I have used. I haven't tried the clear type of polycarbs yet, but there should be one white Carbon Silent that is made of the same material as the fixed L-styles*. The fixed L-Laro Carbon is also fairly impressive.

* First white opaque one - normal or slims. http://www.dartshive.jp/item/34238.html
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
Thanks guys for all comments and recommendations as well as votes

I think I'm going with Cosmo. Just two pieces as opposed to having to use the caps. I like using whitlocks but I have had them pop off and sometimes I just can't be bothered setting my Darts up with fixing the caps in. It's a very small thing but I like the Cosmo set up where you can quickly pop the flight on.

Also I think the carbon hybrid look real good!

I think it was juggers sig that pushed it for me Smile
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Yeah I really like how the hybrid look. I have a set of slims on the way and Im hoping Im happy enough with them to not buy the hybrids next.
(05-18-2015, 09:16 PM)JayKay Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Good choice!
Well JayKay how is the Cosmo system working for you?

I have used the L-style system (punched flights with shell locks, not formed flights) for 10 days and like it very much. Since I only used gripper II stems with springs and had many flights pop off this new system is keeping the flights tight and none have popped off.

I had broken many stems from bonce outs in the past, when they hit the floor. As of yet I have not had any bounce outs so not sure what a floor hit will do to the new stems. Hoping this system reduces the bounce outs because I never had spinners before.
(06-21-2015, 08:23 PM)trekbowl300 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Hey bud, the cosmo carbon have been great. I've had many bounce outs on concrete and they are still doing great.

Also not a single flight has popped off as expected Smile

Been really busy the past couple of weeks but I'm looking to get the raffle arranged for this week
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I've been using L-style Carbon Locked and Spinners. I also have a set of L-style polycarbonate and after approx 4 months of use on Steel and Soft Tips, I have yet to break a L-style shaft. I also have had no need to replace the L-style fights due to damage, only changed for a different color. I voted for L-style in your poll, but I would still like to give the Cosmo Carbon Flight System a try. Maybe in the future, but I'm extremely satisfied with the L-style Flight System.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
I used both...Great quality from both. Never had any issue with broken stems or threads that dont fit or something like that.
But over the last yeas im more intoiCosmo then L-Style due to the lenght/weight-relation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carbon shafts Sam coakley 15 402 5 hours ago
Last Post: jt4527
  Target Pro Grip - Carbon JannerinCardiff 5 249 05-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Last Post: GONKO
  L style carbon wobble Ed180 15 420 04-23-2019, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
Star suoergrip carbon stem Ed180 12 921 12-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  L-Shaft Carbon 260 Lil E 3 351 10-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out