How to remove paint from darts
(06-06-2016, 05:13 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 04:32 PM)Little al Wrote: Buy a can of paint remover that  water is used to rinse off ( Nitromors is one brand) old alloy stem fitted & brush the painted parts applying a "thickish" coat ( It has a jelly like consistencey ) leave for 5/10 mins & then wash/rinse off with water as hot as you can handle, using several lots of fresh water Dry carefuly

A small bottle of nail polish remover is much cheaper and the benefit of that is he can use it to remove his ladies fingernail polish when he's trying to earn brownie points to purchase another set of darts.   Big Grin

There has to be a method to the madness.
 That's an good Idea if acetone will remove the paint some modern paint it will not touch + the smallest can of paint remover will remove the paint from his next 10,000 sets of darts. Big Grin
Can mods put these threads as One ?
may all the doubles be with you

will try
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
may all the doubles be with you

Not sure if I've missed a thread somewhere but did anyone find a way to remove coloured coatings ( without sanding ) where acetone did not work?
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(01-22-2018, 03:33 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Not sure if I've missed a thread somewhere but did anyone find a way to remove coloured coatings ( without sanding ) where acetone did not work?

Maybe try cooking in alum. Some managed to get rid of coatings and not only the broken point.
But one managed to get his darts coated with it  Smile
So no guarantee. Good luck!
http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthrea...#pid395386
Post #77 and post #84
Just used nail polish remover on my Gary andersons

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I got a deal on a set of Designa pink ladies soft tip darts and soaked them in acetone to remove the paint. An added bonus is there is better grip on the darts now without the paint in the rings.
(05-04-2019, 09:34 PM)x-ring Wrote: I got a deal on a set of Designa pink ladies soft tip darts and soaked them in acetone to remove the paint.  An added bonus is there is better grip on the darts now without the paint in the rings.

No longer throwing pink darts has to be a bonus too!
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(05-04-2019, 10:07 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: No longer throwing pink darts has to be a bonus too!

Indeed!  Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to paint your darts Getagrip 15 4,881 02-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: VW_STYLE
  How to remove a broken darts stem - shaft Getagrip 10 3,044 11-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Webstarr
  How to remove tungsten putty m1ghty 1 1,571 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Regulatori
  Remove a broken shaft MrTinkertrain 11 4,015 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Beacon_Darts