How to remove paint from darts
Hi All, 

Was wondering as I have seen a few threads where people have mentioned this but what is the best/easiest way to remove any paint from a set of darts?

Paint as in manufacturers paint in rings etc. 

I have only done it once before and it took ages and was generally a pain in the a**e so I wondered if anyone had any helpful tips?

Thanks
[Image: 27131285181_5e5a5c7a9d_b.jpg]
I used nail polish remover and that worked pretty well. Be sure to have one with acetone. I put some on a tissue and rubbed the paint off, it was a little tricky though to get in all the rings but at the end the result was fine. Washed them barrels with water afterwards and that was it :Smile
I'm sure there are other ways to do it, mee too I only tried this once.

Moddarts  Target Perfect Storm 22g  Moddarts

You can buy bottles of Acetone - the solvent used in nail polish remover - at Boots in the UK. It does the job quickly and easily.
Thanks All for the advice!

Do you think this would remove any coatings to the barrel if they had a coating also?

Say for example gold or PVD darts?
Small pot/bowl of nail varnish remover, chuck in your darts for about 10 minutes and in my experience the rings should start to fall out in the bowl. Then use an old toothbrush or nail brush to remove the stubborn bits. Then any left over leave them in the bowl and use another darts point to scrape what's left out. But to be honest a soak and a quick brush it should be gone
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
It does not remove PVD coating or damage it in any way. Not tried gold but one would imagine it'll be fine too. As its not paint, but a coating bonded to the tungsten
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
Thanks Alex.

I may well give it a go and see how I get on.

Appreciate the advise.
(06-06-2016, 02:27 PM)Sidewinder Wrote: Hi All, 

Was wondering as I have seen a few threads where people have mentioned this but what is the best/easiest way to remove any paint from a set of darts?

Paint as in manufacturers paint in rings etc. 

I have only done it once before and it took ages and was generally a pain in the a**e so I wondered if anyone had any helpful tips?

Thanks

Buy a can of paint remover that  water is used to rinse off ( Nitromors is one brand) old alloy stem fitted & brush the painted parts applying a "thickish" coat ( It has a jelly like consistencey ) leave for 5/10 mins & then wash/rinse off with water as hot as you can handle, using several lots of fresh water Dry carefuly
(06-06-2016, 04:32 PM)Little al Wrote: Buy a can of paint remover that  water is used to rinse off ( Nitromors is one brand) old alloy stem fitted & brush the painted parts applying a "thickish" coat ( It has a jelly like consistencey ) leave for 5/10 mins & then wash/rinse off with water as hot as you can handle, using several lots of fresh water Dry carefuly

A small bottle of nail polish remover is much cheaper and the benefit of that is he can use it to remove his ladies fingernail polish when he's trying to earn brownie points to purchase another set of darts.   Big Grin

There has to be a method to the madness.
(06-06-2016, 05:13 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 04:32 PM)Little al Wrote: Buy a can of paint remover that  water is used to rinse off ( Nitromors is one brand) old alloy stem fitted & brush the painted parts applying a "thickish" coat ( It has a jelly like consistencey ) leave for 5/10 mins & then wash/rinse off with water as hot as you can handle, using several lots of fresh water Dry carefuly

A small bottle of nail polish remover is much cheaper and the benefit of that is he can use it to remove his ladies fingernail polish when he's trying to earn brownie points to purchase another set of darts.   Big Grin

There has to be a method to the madness.

Bit random?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to paint your darts Getagrip 15 4,881 02-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: VW_STYLE
  How to remove a broken darts stem - shaft Getagrip 10 3,047 11-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Webstarr
  How to remove tungsten putty m1ghty 1 1,571 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Regulatori
  Remove a broken shaft MrTinkertrain 11 4,015 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Beacon_Darts