How to remove paint from darts
Right, nothing has worked lol. The machine in the garage is a bench mounted grinder lol, no wire wool disc.

I ordered the same darts but in natural, the mccoys marksman pros in 24 seem to be the exact same dart as the eagles, down to the size and everything, just without the indestructible coating. I wanted natural darts as with the black dart when I got it in a black section it was too hard to see, so thought natural will be best.
Started playing darts: Mid February 2015.

Darts used: Not having played for a long while, I am leaning towards my 23 gram eagles. 

180's:18 Since I started Mid February 2015. I stopped playing for a long period due to stupidity. Back to the learning process again, but am enjoying it. 
An absolutely bonkers thread
Hey Nutz. I'm trying to take the paint off my Carrera C4s but it's not working. I let them soak in Acetone and no luck. Nothing would scrub off. Any ideas?
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g / Target Daytona Fire 22g / Titan 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6 Customs / Modified Target  9Five Gen 1 / Harrows Oracle 22g / Target RVB Gen 1 / Winmau Aspria 22g / Target Rob Cross 23g & 19g / Unicorn Gary Anderson WC 23g / Target Adrian Lewis Gen 2 21g / Unicorn Adrian Lewis 21g / XQMax MVG Mighty Gen 1 23g / Dynasty Warwolf 19g / Target Storm 22g
Wow--- I hadn’t thought much could survive an acetone soak! Are you using full strength acetone or something diluted like nail polish remover?
If it's not coming off with Acetone, then it's most likely some other type of coating. I've removed paint of a few a darts using nail polish remover and it only takes a few minutes/pain curls and then slides right off.

You sure it's not some type of pvd type coating?
Pretty sure the stuff Target uses on darts like Taylor's, Chizzy's, and Carrera's isn't paint is it?
Yeah I wouldn't have thought it was paint as I've never seen a set of carreras in only tungsten.

But then I have seen cortex with the blue removed so maybe it's possible?
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
(08-16-2015, 03:51 PM)JayKay Wrote: Yeah I wouldn't have thought it was paint as I've never seen a set of carreras in only tungsten.

But then I have seen cortex with the blue removed so maybe it's possible?

I've seen Cortex and Taylor's in natural but if I remember right the guy sandblasted them or something like that.
Yeah could be. Doubt it's worth the effort to remove the little black dots though unless you have easy access to something like that
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
im not sure, I know someone on here took the paint off their Cortex's so I know its possible. I used 100% acetone nail polish remover. If it doesn't come off its no biggy, I just think my C4s would look sexier without it Smile
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g / Target Daytona Fire 22g / Titan 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6 Customs / Modified Target  9Five Gen 1 / Harrows Oracle 22g / Target RVB Gen 1 / Winmau Aspria 22g / Target Rob Cross 23g & 19g / Unicorn Gary Anderson WC 23g / Target Adrian Lewis Gen 2 21g / Unicorn Adrian Lewis 21g / XQMax MVG Mighty Gen 1 23g / Dynasty Warwolf 19g / Target Storm 22g

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to paint your darts Getagrip 15 4,892 02-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: VW_STYLE
  How to remove a broken darts stem - shaft Getagrip 10 3,063 11-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Webstarr
  How to remove tungsten putty m1ghty 1 1,574 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Regulatori
  Remove a broken shaft MrTinkertrain 11 4,023 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Beacon_Darts