Helping someone with their aim/hitting the board.
What Gumbo says! she needs to be still and just her arm and shoulder move, shes lifting her back foot I bet. Moving her head too. Practice,practice.
She will get there if she keeps practicing. I found out that you can't push the women too hard or they will get frustrated so kid gloves.
Good luck bud.
Thanks people. Yes she does lift the back foot saber. For some reason she tends to walk around on tip toes all the time, I guess this reflects in her dart playing. Try to get that sorted out later. And I'l remember the kid gloves saber, I already noticed that you have to be a bit 'gentler' in the way you give advice lol.
This article has been around for sometime, but it should explain a lot.

https://www.dartbase.com/technics.htm

Unless she's an engineer, it's up to you to absorb that, and teach her in 5 simple, easy-to-do steps! Big Grin

Besides not moving, try guiding her to hold her arm at a 90 deg angle to aim, then do a short drawback to / just below her eye, and push forward, snapping her wrist over the intended target - without the dart. Put the dart in her hand at the moment and she'll automatically go back to doing what she's doing.

Do that as many times as she needs till it feels natural at the beginning of each session, then start practicing with the dart. Smile Anyways, that was what one person taught me even though I know that some bemoan 'ghost' throws, but the thing is it helps ingrain both mental imagery and muscle memory since she's has to 'unlearn' everything now ... (I know some members are gonna 'trash' me over this! Undecided

And remember, lots of praise, and baby One-Step-At-A-Time, and keep the sessions short.

All the best! Smile
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
(04-19-2015, 07:57 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: This article has been around for sometime, but it should explain a lot.

https://www.dartbase.com/technics.htm

Unless she's an engineer, it's up to you to absorb that, and teach her in 5 simple, easy-to-do steps! Big Grin

Besides not moving, try guiding her to hold her arm at a 90 deg angle to aim, then do a short drawback to / just below her eye, and push forward, snapping her wrist over the intended target - without the dart. Put the dart in her hand at the moment and she'll automatically go back to doing what she's doing.

Do that as many times as she needs till it feels natural at the beginning of each session, then start practicing with the dart. Smile Anyways, that was what one person taught me even though I know that some bemoan 'ghost' throws, but the thing is it helps ingrain both mental imagery and muscle memory since she's has to 'unlearn' everything now ... (I know some members are gonna 'trash' me over this! Undecided

And remember, lots of praise, and baby One-Step-At-A-Time, and keep the sessions short.

All the best! Smile

Thank you my friend. So its best to ingrain drawing the dart to her face, and not her ear yes? I have tried telling her this, but she keeps going back to the old ways. I've explained to her I'm trying to help her get better, and so is a forum full of people.

She states she wants to get better at the game, I've told her to get better you will have to go through a phase of being worse for a bit as you get accustomed to the correct way. Not that she could be much worse than she is, so I don't really see her issue lol.

Thanks for all your advice, I will try my best to get her good, and me along the way Smile.
How is she getting along?

Here's a sample of 'Text-Book' Form - Miho, the female Japanese player. The simpler she keeps it, the better she will get.

I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
I wear glasses for my astigmatism correctiong.
Is it normal for me to throw better with out my glasses than when i have them on???
I always wondered that
Well she is hitting the board a bit more, trying to keep it easy though so she doesn't get frustrated and give up. To be honest most of the time it's me practicing for a few hours, she might have a go for an hour or so every few days.

I've told her if she wants to get better she needs to practice, but she isn't practicing enough lol.
Started playing darts: Mid February 2015.

Darts used: Not having played for a long while, I am leaning towards my 23 gram eagles. 

180's:18 Since I started Mid February 2015. I stopped playing for a long period due to stupidity. Back to the learning process again, but am enjoying it. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitting high versus low? Butcher 15 960 06-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Last Post: EviLZippY
  helping developing my dart grip and equipment Honziz 14 782 03-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  Hitting your shoulder with the flight Cs_89 9 1,246 01-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SpoonyG
  Hitting too far left and righ conanthewarrior 34 11,216 05-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Last Post: conanthewarrior