Darts Corner
Are shipments to Canada routed through the US or direct? I have spent quite a bit of time in Canada and generally postal service was really good. Clearly the country's size is sometimes a factor but I cannot imagine it would take longer to receive darts in Canada from UK than USA from UK. Unless it is routed through central distribution points in US (we all now USPS has it's challenges).

(04-18-2016, 09:46 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Rule of thumb with any UK shop it seems...

Live in the UK and buy from DC... seems like they magically beam it to you and you get your stuff the next day

Live in the USA and buy from DC... expect to wait about 9 days on average

Live in Canada and buy from DC... roll the dice and hope for the best

I've bought from them ONCE in my life. Deals were too good to pass up. Excellent communication. Got an email when order shipped. Took about 9 days to be in my hands. Packaged nicely. I really couldn't ask for anything better.
Darts: Unicorn Wez Newton Purist DNA 22g
Board: Unicorn Eclipse Pro
Highest out: 120 (T20, 20, D20)
180s: 3 (but Flight School will sort that)
3 Dart average: 49.87 (up already George Smile..)
(04-19-2016, 10:33 AM)HazBeen Wrote: Are shipments to Canada routed through the US or direct? I have spent quite a bit of time in Canada and generally postal service was really good. Clearly the country's size is sometimes a factor but I cannot imagine it would take longer to receive darts in Canada from UK than USA from UK. Unless it is routed through central distribution points in US (we all now USPS has it's challenges).

Live in the UK and buy from DC... seems like they magically beam it to you and you get your stuff the next day

I've bought from them ONCE in my life. Deals were too good to pass up. Excellent communication. Got an email when order shipped. Took about 9 days to be in my hands. Packaged nicely. I really couldn't ask for anything better.

Not routed through the USA.  Our glorious Canada customs has decided to only accept international packages at one location.... Vancouver.... causing a HUGE backup as one location is not equipped to handle such high volumes.

[Image: 28700172273_696ce155a8_t.jpg]
Ordered a couple of times from them before and am perfectly happy with the service.

Most recent example:
Put in an order Thursday late in the evening, processed and dispatched on Friday, received it today. (Did check fast shipping this time though)
Packaging is fine as well.
[Image: fQ2fu2q.png]
(04-19-2016, 02:05 PM)Jugger Wrote:
(04-19-2016, 10:33 AM)HazBeen Wrote: Are shipments to Canada routed through the US or direct? I have spent quite a bit of time in Canada and generally postal service was really good. Clearly the country's size is sometimes a factor but I cannot imagine it would take longer to receive darts in Canada from UK than USA from UK. Unless it is routed through central distribution points in US (we all now USPS has it's challenges).

Not routed through the USA.  Our glorious Canada customs has decided to only accept international packages at one location.... Vancouver.... causing a HUGE backup as one location is not equipped to handle such high volumes.

Jugger, 
 Is this a new Canada Post change . Thought my packages went to Gateway Distribution in Mississauga.
(Toronto)

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

just got my order
4 sets and goodies 8-9 days to us
they must have ran out of boxes
17.6x12.9 envelope Blush ,darts are fine in a envelope ,double pack of fit-flights dont go in envelopes ,got lucky, flights are fine ,flight box bent to hell Angry
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

For Canada they used to go to either Mississauga or Vancouver, maybe elsewhere also. When they go to Miss they take ages to get to Vancouver. Now that they come direct to Vancouver...they take ages to be delivered locally!
You don't mess with The Voice of Reason. You have the right to be wrong.

just ordered 5 sets and some flights
no tracking info ,like the last 50 sets
facebook them ,reply with in a hour , email sales for tracking info
email them reply within hours
order not big enough ,or not paid  sign for and tracking ?
i have had to sign for every package and got tracking on every package so for
my order was 205 $ ,141 gbp
sounds like they are changing the cheap shipping ,so no more tracking info on it unless you pay for it Tongue
anybody notice this ?
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

for USA you are spot on....
for me, in San Diego, California is about 9 business day lol
be sure to order before friday so they can despatch order on friday
Ordered some soft tip darts for my son yesterday morning. Arrived this morning!

However, I also ordered some grey Clic stems, and have received grey Clic flights. A simple mistake. For the first time I will need to test their customer service.

I have every confidence this will be resolved quickly.
I sent an email to DC about a set of darts that I could not see on the website and received a response from Gary the next morning to let me know when they will be in stock
I have asked them if they can order a set just for me so I don't miss them and I will wait to see what happens next.
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Another fast shipment across the pond and the USofA. I ordered on 6.12 and at the front door 6.20. Really? Can I ask for any faster shipment than this?
I don't think so.
I didn't pay for the signed shipment and was fearing the worse but my order arrived safe and in good condition. Now hoping the C3's will be feeling as nice to me in 3 weeks as they do today. So far so good even though they are 23g not 22g as I've been using.
Thanks DC for helping us out
My experience with DC has been great, I live in Hong Kong and my package arrived within a week using the cheapest shipping method.
Unfortunately am now exposed to the pile of &^% that is DC customer service. Ordered flights, stems and flight protectors on July 20th. Postage UK to Holland is rarely longer than a week so when I still did not have my order 2 weeks later I contacted them.

First they ask me to verify my address, the same address they shipped at least 5 other orders to btw, which I verify immediately. Then nothing for several days.... So I prompt them kindly and get this response:
Thanks for the reply,

Sorry but at the moment we are still waiting a reply from your postal service, Due to the distance and also time differences involved this can take a few days to chase up for us, But I can assure you we are still working on this and will get this sorted for you,

Hope this helps

I live in Holland, 1 hour ahead of UK. How distance and time can have any effect is beyond me. Anyway, 4 days later still not response from them.

Safe to say my latest response was less friendly. I will raise a dispute through Paypal next and will not be ordering from DC any time soon.
Darts: Unicorn Wez Newton Purist DNA 22g
Board: Unicorn Eclipse Pro
Highest out: 120 (T20, 20, D20)
180s: 3 (but Flight School will sort that)
3 Dart average: 49.87 (up already George Smile..)
(08-09-2016, 01:04 PM)HazBeen Wrote: Unfortunately am now exposed to the pile of &^% that is DC customer service. Ordered flights, stems and flight protectors on July 20th. Postage UK to Holland is rarely longer than a week so when I still did not have my order 2 weeks later I contacted them.

First they ask me to verify my address, the same address they shipped at least 5 other orders to btw, which I verify immediately. Then nothing for several days.... So I prompt them kindly and get this response:
Thanks for the reply,

Sorry but at the moment we are still waiting a reply from your postal service, Due to the distance and also time differences involved this can take a few days to chase up for us, But I can assure you we are still working on this and will get this sorted for you,

Hope this helps

I live in Holland, 1 hour ahead of UK. How distance and time can have any effect is beyond me. Anyway, 4 days later still not response from them.

Safe to say my latest response was less friendly. I will raise a dispute through Paypal next and will not be ordering from DC any time soon.
Was it not tracked? Had 2 non-tracked/signed orders in a row that never arrived last month (both not from dartscorner btw so kinda irrelevant here) but now I always ask to send it tracked wherever I order something. DC never charged me extra for their tracked service (all orders were multiple darts though and quite pricey). Way less trouble that way and while some shops do charge extra it's still better than not having your items.

Forgot to add: Only had to deal with their customer survice twice but indeed both times bot very helpfull. One time they forgot my free gift and they just said the item count was ok so it should be there and never heard something again. I was just trying to inform them something was missing not asking for anything really.

The other time I asked if they knew the dimensions for the Sigma Ultracores in the chatbox. Said hold on for a minute and then left me hanging for +-40 minutes while I asked if they got any updates after 20 min. Had to go so I closed the chat.
Sounds like a postal service issue and if they are raising a complaint with the postal service they are never much help to be honest, I have gave up in the past when I sent items to the U.S. and they sent me a stupidly long form out with unrealistic expectations on how to make a claim so I just never bothered.

Its why I prefer to send tracked overseas now, it costs more but is better to be safe than sorry.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts corner trade account Elusive Dream 1 178 10-28-2019, 01:10 AM
Last Post: Cosmo Darts Europe
  Darts Corner's 'hidden' darts Chappers 11 873 05-15-2019, 05:35 PM
Last Post: holmesness