Darts Corner
(05-29-2019, 06:29 PM)codo180 Wrote: Video here of someone visiting the actual shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c6DzdMaXkY

Mentioned that Lewis and Taylor have both been by and seen the warehouse.

Cool video. Thanks for posting. I was really surprise at the DC shop and warehouse. I'm not sure what I expected but it wasn't that.
Liberal heathen
(05-30-2019, 03:41 PM)cubdog Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 06:29 PM)codo180 Wrote: Video here of someone visiting the actual shop

Cool video. Thanks for posting. I was really surprise at the DC shop and warehouse. I'm not sure what I expected but it wasn't that.

Nice to see the guy doing the repointing was so casual with the superglue.  I will be too, from now on.  Too bad they didn't invite the guy in to shoot video in the actual warehouse.

Don't know where you are in the US, but the Big River Darts store in Iowa is an absolute hoot.  The "showroom" is basically a long glass case in one corner of a huge open warehouse.  It's run by a couple; she tolerates visitors, he runs and hides.  Don;'t miss it if you get the chance.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(05-30-2019, 04:03 PM)brenthahn Wrote:

Nice to see the guy doing the repointing was so casual with the superglue.  I will be too, from now on.  Too bad they didn't invite the guy in to shoot video in the actual warehouse.

Don't know where you are in the US, but the Big River Darts store in Iowa is an absolute hoot.  The "showroom" is basically a long glass case in one corner of a huge open warehouse.  It's run by a couple; she tolerates visitors, he runs and hides.  Don;'t miss it if you get the chance.

Actually I'm not to far away being in north central Illinois. I might have to take a road trip this summer.
Liberal heathen
(05-30-2019, 04:48 PM)cubdog Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 04:03 PM)brenthahn Wrote:

Actually I'm not to far away being in north central Illinois. I might have to take a road trip this summer.

Small world.  I'm from Springfield.  I was in town rehabbing my late dad's house to put it on the market, and the bulldozer ripping out the old driveway hit the power line underneath it.  In December.  

So I had to find a way to kill about 10 hours.  Clinton Iowa wasn't exactly beckoning but I went anyway.  Some cute little towns along the Mississippi up that direction, Clinton not being one of them.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I went to college at WIU in Macomb so I'm somewhat familiar with your neck of the woods. We are now in the little town of Oregon Il. after 25 years in Denver.
Liberal heathen
So in lieu of the scandal over the weekend about counterfeit MvG "3 star" shirts, it turns out that mine that I got from DC a while back is counterfeit as well. I emailed them last night and its now about 230 across the pond and no one has gotten back to me yet. I do trust them and dont believe they knowingly sold counterfeit merchandise but the longer they remain silent the worse it seems. Very disappointing.

edit: They have gotten back to me with a lengthy response detailing what happened. Some surprising details, but it seems to add up. Perhaps counterfeit was too strong a word in this situation, based on what I was told. I will keep the rest of the details between myself and DC.
I'm very happy with Darts Corner. I just checked my mail to find my new Bulls Virus 21g darts.

12 days from order to delivery in Australia. I've had Christmas cards from Scotland that took longer than that so well done UK and AUS mail services too.

And I hit a T20 with the first test throw.
(06-04-2019, 04:21 AM)laconic Wrote: ...
I've had Christmas cards from Scotland that took longer than that so well done UK and AUS mail services too.

The Royal Mail north of Hadrian's Wall has a real problem with rogue packs of wild Haggis ambushing postal vans usually they swarm it while the van is stationary and eat the tyres.  (, which is why a boiled Haggis tastes so awful and the meat has a rubbery inedible quality to it.)
If these little critters burst the tyres then the postie has to faff about fitting a spare wheel, slowing the postal delivery in and out of Scotland.
Doesn't certain parts of Australia have an issue with Drop Bears mauling postal workers?
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(06-04-2019, 09:47 AM)Ryk Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 04:21 AM)laconic Wrote: ...
I've had Christmas cards from Scotland that took longer than that so well done UK and AUS mail services too.

The Royal Mail north of Hadrian's Wall has a real problem with rogue packs of wild Haggis ambushing postal vans usually they swarm it while the van is stationary and eat the tyres.  (, which is why a boiled Haggis tastes so awful and the meat has a rubbery inedible quality to it.)
If these little critters burst the tyres then the postie has to faff about fitting a spare wheel, slowing the postal delivery in and out of Scotland.
Doesn't certain parts of Australia have an issue with Drop Bears mauling postal workers?

Not that I've heard, although worker's compensation claims for posties being knocked off their bikes by returning boomerangs have reached staggering proportions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts Corner discount question Chappers 16 650 07-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Darts Corner's 'hidden' darts Chappers 11 629 05-15-2019, 05:35 PM
Last Post: holmesness