Mega Rare - News of World find.
(04-13-2015, 05:57 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
lol possibly but they must have given it away at some point, may be he died without anyone to leave it too which would be sad Sad
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Thanks gents. I knew you guys would enjoy seeing it.
It's without a doubt the coolest thing I've ever found in all my years collecting.

As for cleaning it, i honestly think silver is fine to clean as your only removing tarnish and dirt.
I did have the same dilemma with my northwood brass darts... they were oxidising badly so it was either clean them to save them or risk them be permanently damaged.

People tend to clean silver and keep it polished in general so i think its ok.
I think the problem occurs when the only way to authenticate something is by the look of it.
Silver is date stamped so there shouldn't be a problem there.

Need to do some real digging to find out some more on the guy. Need to get hold of 'Shafted', he's probably got the score sheets! Guys an authority on news of the word history
I found this old article by Patrick.
Interesting stuff - http://www.patrickchaplin.com/Dartstrophy.htm

Here's Patrick with Jim Pike's trophy from the following year from mine.

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Nice trophy mate, where did you find it ?
may all the doubles be with you

Pretty amazing to have Jim Pikes trophy! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

I opened up my email today and my good friend Karl (owner of A180) shared this with me.

"The one next to this is worth a lot Silver NOW trophy, the thin one was one of only 15 made, First county winners"

Cool!

My darts collection:

Wow, that's brilliant. Good to see another surviving trophy!
Nice one
Wow Stuart first time I come on in ages and what an incredible find I cant stress how impressed I am, as you well know there really isn't many of these left I'm jealous. Iv'e been through all I have photos etc relating to 1937 and unfortunately can find anything else on him other than him winning his area that year. Prior to the comp being revived after WW2 and going national in 1947 there seems to be a lack of researchable information.
One coincidence is that when the competition was very first played in 1927 with about 1000 competitors and only covering the metropolitan area of London as well as being run by the NOW it was also sponsored by a brewery in Dartford by the same surname C N Kidd and Sons.
A quick search on Google tells me that the Public House he was representing The Alma Inn, Harwich started trading in 1850 and is still going today it has both an internet and FB page http://www.almaharwich.co.uk/ You could try contacting them with information of your find, you never know there may still be family living in the area or maybe one or two elderly patrons can recall either him or know of family. I know we are going back 78 years now but we have no record of his age and he may have played darts locally for many years after, and tales of feats sometimes get handed down.
Hopefully Patrick may be able to shed a bit more information on him, it would be great if he could. Once again an incredible find and congratulations,
(05-06-2015, 08:07 PM)shafted Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register

Thanks Shafted, and sorry for that late reply!
I've sent a link of this page to the pub. I wonder if any of the family still drink in the pub?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rare Rees darts carlmuscleman67 4 364 06-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Last Post: kamikersie
  New to this! Rare darts! Iain1632 5 372 06-06-2019, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Iain1632
  My find of Bristow Durro Knurled charliebates 13 1,791 06-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Last Post: mrbaker
  Rare Les Wallace Darts Joshtin Pipe 5 603 01-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: LesWallace180
  News of the world darts championship Shed inn 2 798 01-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  rare wooden darts andyathers 6 1,196 11-30-2017, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Richard Nance
  Rare Norfolk Dart Pen Julia Bayley 9 1,650 11-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  News of the World Darts - Fred Allot stuart180 34 11,033 08-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  news of the world title: why so lowly rated??? NiteEyez 28 6,915 07-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sir_Chjaka
  News Of The World Darts Area Finalist Programmes shafted 12 5,689 04-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Little Hutch