DIY dart practice rings
I'm going to try this tomorrow thanks.
İts So good
(03-24-2015, 08:19 PM)Munchie Wrote: I've been having some problem lately with both the double and trip 18. I was working on my flight school grouping drills and decided to reread my material from George. I decided that for some reason my minds eye just was not zeroing into a spot to concentrate on. I started looking to buy some practice rings but saw how expensive they were and decided to make my own.
So I wish to share this little DIY project that works.

I went to my local walmart store and in the women's hair care section I found a pkg. of brightly colored elastic scruncies that the girls use to tie their hair into a ponytail. Cost $1.00

[Image: image.jpg2_zps0lltiwvu.jpg]

I left one the same size just off the card (yellow) and took another (pink) and cut it.
I then cut a small piece of heat shrink tube and put over the end and then pinned It to a wine cork ,wrapping the other end around the cork and back through. This makes it the smaller size of a dime or nickel. Using a hair dryer I shrunk the heat shrink tubing and trimmed the excess elastic with a razor knife. I have also done this using  a small piece of tape in place of the heat shrink tubing. It seems to work just as well.

[Image: image.jpg4_zpsumaktqzr.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg3_zps7bmdd0wp.jpg]

Next I took 2 pins from my wife sewing kit and cut them on a slant about halfway. These I use to hold my rings in place on the board without damage to the board.

[Image: image.jpg5_zpsgxgukz2v.jpg]

I then pin them where I want on my board and practice. I have to say they have helped me . It seems my eye has something it can focus on and So far they have lasted 10 practice sessions and very cheap.

[Image: image.jpg6_zpsottutcua.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg8_zpsi2d1k1fp.jpg]
Great idea I'll definitely give this ago
simple solution I just wish I could hit it on demand..
(08-29-2016, 12:33 AM)gram70 Wrote: Good ideas and I like saving money BUT I don't get the concept of these rings you aim at them to improve your accuracy but isn't the double and trebles on the board a target to aim for?

There are times when you have to hit a fat single and these can be used for that type of practice. Also use can put them in the single area of the 6 and 11 segments for Bull practice instead of beating up your Bull segment. I think they were made as a game or used as a game. Each player had different color rings and you had to take your opponent out by hitting all his rings. Smile
I've actually got a couple of sets of the Eric bristow ones when they first came out signed by Eric himself - they are not for sale at any price before anyone asks, especially now that he has passed away

[Image: qsBI7fZ.jpg]

That's the bragging done lol, now to the real reason for this post Smile

As well as the plastic rings - which you can make yourself cutting out paper circles or using any other circular object that comes to hand - they also included some progress charts as follows - this pic should be the correct size to print out on a sheet of A4, you just need to cut it out

[Image: 90S0rl9.png]

The following are pics of the instruction leaflet which came with the smaller pack in the first pic, but will give you an idea how to use the rings and progress charts:

[Image: NEGs2i9.jpg]

[Image: XFVn3wJ.jpg]

[Image: rll5jXl.jpg]

As I say you can make the rings out of whatever household object you desire, and print out some copies of the progress chart, and along with the instruction leaflet you have your very own set of practice rings.

Hope this post helps anyone thinking of trying these Smile
Nice one Munchie
Peter Wright now has a set of these rings for sale that looks really familiar!!

https://www.amazon.com/Snakebite-Exclusi...B01AJU0LK4
good tip
(03-24-2015, 08:29 PM)guest2 Wrote: Have those patented before Target steals your idea! Smile

lol
Nice one!
just found this thread , ive already posted another but just thought id ad this here as i feel its relevant

[Image: drUF6Pb.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Punched flights and rings. woodmagnet 10 589 07-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Paracord Practice Rings House_darts 6 611 02-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Curbo
  Toss the rings Dartbuggy 8 1,829 05-24-2016, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Kteezin19