DIY dart practice rings
I really like this idea, will have to go to the store and pick up a set of these. Anything to help the old eyes pick up on where the dart needs to go.
Good ideas and I like saving money BUT I don't get the concept of these rings you aim at them to improve your accuracy but isn't the double and trebles on the board a target to aim for?
(08-29-2016, 12:33 AM)gram70 Wrote: Good ideas and I like saving money BUT I don't get the concept of these rings you aim at them to improve your accuracy but isn't the double and trebles on the board a target to aim for?

yeah I think that works just the same, not sure but I think the idea is maybe to take off mental pressure of aiming at a specific segment but I don't really know.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(01-14-2016, 09:54 AM)tonykam21 Wrote: I may have a cheaper solution.

I use pieces of card stock. you  know, the thicker papers that you can find at any handicraft store or even regular pieces of paper.

Use a compass and you can scribe almost any size you like and offset to any thickness you like. You won't get the problem of bounce out because you dart will just pierce the paper. after too many holes, simply throw the paper away and stick on a new piece.

to replace the pins, I use toothpicks. it won't hurt the board to as it would be almost the same thickness as a dart point.

Hope it helps somebody's game. sure did for mine....

Thanks.. im using same solution for grouping practice..
I was just looking at purchasing some training rings, that was until I found this thread. Well done Oman on bumping this thread.
I'm going to try this tomorrow thanks.
İts So good
(03-24-2015, 08:19 PM)Munchie Wrote: I've been having some problem lately with both the double and trip 18. I was working on my flight school grouping drills and decided to reread my material from George. I decided that for some reason my minds eye just was not zeroing into a spot to concentrate on. I started looking to buy some practice rings but saw how expensive they were and decided to make my own.
So I wish to share this little DIY project that works.

I went to my local walmart store and in the women's hair care section I found a pkg. of brightly colored elastic scruncies that the girls use to tie their hair into a ponytail. Cost $1.00

[Image: image.jpg2_zps0lltiwvu.jpg]

I left one the same size just off the card (yellow) and took another (pink) and cut it.
I then cut a small piece of heat shrink tube and put over the end and then pinned It to a wine cork ,wrapping the other end around the cork and back through. This makes it the smaller size of a dime or nickel. Using a hair dryer I shrunk the heat shrink tubing and trimmed the excess elastic with a razor knife. I have also done this using  a small piece of tape in place of the heat shrink tubing. It seems to work just as well.

[Image: image.jpg4_zpsumaktqzr.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg3_zps7bmdd0wp.jpg]

Next I took 2 pins from my wife sewing kit and cut them on a slant about halfway. These I use to hold my rings in place on the board without damage to the board.

[Image: image.jpg5_zpsgxgukz2v.jpg]

I then pin them where I want on my board and practice. I have to say they have helped me . It seems my eye has something it can focus on and So far they have lasted 10 practice sessions and very cheap.

[Image: image.jpg6_zpsottutcua.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg8_zpsi2d1k1fp.jpg]
Great idea I'll definitely give this ago
simple solution I just wish I could hit it on demand..
(08-29-2016, 12:33 AM)gram70 Wrote: Good ideas and I like saving money BUT I don't get the concept of these rings you aim at them to improve your accuracy but isn't the double and trebles on the board a target to aim for?

There are times when you have to hit a fat single and these can be used for that type of practice. Also use can put them in the single area of the 6 and 11 segments for Bull practice instead of beating up your Bull segment. I think they were made as a game or used as a game. Each player had different color rings and you had to take your opponent out by hitting all his rings. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Punched flights and rings. woodmagnet 10 499 07-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Paracord Practice Rings House_darts 6 602 02-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Curbo
  Toss the rings Dartbuggy 8 1,813 05-24-2016, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Kteezin19