Put your questions for Voks Darts in this thread please
All question to be placed in here please Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
1. Can I come visit? Smile
2. How long did it take to design the new Voks Overlord and who came up with the design?
3. With this new style/ design of the Overlords, Do you think other darting companies will see your new way of creating barrels and that will be the future of dart designs?
4. Do you have a free set for me?
5. Do you have any more designs like the Overlord in design now for future Voks darts?
6. Can you name a new dart the "Voks Titan" Wink
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
2019 180s: 90
Do you offer broken point removal if a point has broke off flush to the barrel?
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

If Titan gets to go visit I'm calling "shotgun " (plus my share of gas,tolls,beer money, etc...)
Nothing left to do but Smile Smile Smile

[Image: 75-atxl.jpg]

(02-05-2015, 08:43 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: Do you offer broken point removal if a point has broke off flush to the barrel?

Yes, if it is a Voks dart just to send it to us, and we will be glad to fix it. Big Grin
(02-05-2015, 08:35 PM)Titan Wrote: 1. Can I come visit? Smile
2. How long did it take to design the new Voks Overlord and who came up with the design?
3. With this new style/ design of the Overlords, Do you think other darting companies will see your new way of creating barrels and that will be the future of dart designs?
4. Do you have a free set for me?
5. Do you have any more designs like the Overlord in design now for future Voks darts?
6. Can you name a new dart the "Voks Titan" Wink

1. Visiting is unfortuntaley not possible. We do not have a showroom and the manufacturing is not able to have visitors due to liability and the fact that CNC machinery is considered dangerous by the insurance companies, visitors can cause an insurance issue, Sorry!! Sad
2. The New Voks Overlord was in production and design process for more than 6 months. The owner thought the design through and it developed and changed a little through a lot of research and testing, which in return turned out to be Awesome!!
3. We learned a lot during the process. The Overlord is too time consuming to ever be a main stream product. We will probably integrate the features in future darts.
4. Good Question, we are always open trade free darts for free money!! Cool
5. We are always thinking ahead and some of those features might be implemented, keep everyone posted.
6. Anything is possible, BUT.... our "Design your own Dart" is coming up March 1st, so name it what you want!!!!! Blush
(02-05-2015, 08:47 PM)Quackered1979 Wrote: If Titan gets to go visit I'm calling "shotgun " (plus my share of gas,tolls,beer money, etc...)

Visiting is unfortuntaley not possible. We do not have a showroom and the manufacturing is not able to have visitors due to liability and the fact that CNC machinery is considered dangerous by the insurance companies, visitors can cause an insurance issue, Sorry!! Sad
Thanks Christine, nice to have you here to answer the questions, I can definitely see things about the Overlord that should work well in future darts. It would be nice if it could be made cheaper as I think it would be a big seller. Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(02-06-2015, 01:46 AM)VOKSDARTS Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 08:47 PM)Quackered1979 Wrote: If Titan gets to go visit I'm calling "shotgun " (plus my share of gas,tolls,beer money, etc...)

Visiting is unfortuntaley not possible. We do not have a showroom and the manufacturing is not able to have visitors due to liability and the fact that CNC machinery is considered dangerous by the insurance companies, visitors can cause an insurance issue, Sorry!! Sad

Livability waiver Angel
Nothing left to do but Smile Smile Smile

[Image: 75-atxl.jpg]

This is a topic that has come up multiple times on the forum and figured I would ask your opinion on this trend.

Just to let you know, I'm American and used to attend a lot of soft tip tournaments but now play strictly steel tip.

Why do you think Americans love knurled darts so much? To me a knurled dart is kind of like the Target Carrera type grip.....you either love or dislike it.
When I go to a lot of soft tip matches, I see 75% of the throwers using some type of knurled dart.
When I go to the steel tip matches, I would say it's easily 50% of the players using knurled darts.

If you go outside the US to Europe and Asia, you see knurling is a lot less common. I can only think of two pros that use knurling: Kim Huybrechts and Robert Thornton.

If you look at the other American dart companies, I would guess at least 50-75% of their dart lines have some type of knurling mix or completely knurled.

In Asia, if you look at the majority of the Japanese/Korean darts, they almost all have a torpedo type shape built for a rear gripper.

In your opinion, why do you think Americans love knurled darts so much? Is it because we grew up on that grip and we're just used to it?

Looking at your selection I see you have quite a mix...definitely a wider mix of grip types than other US companies and you seem to be one of the last US companies making an effort to innovate/try new shapes/designs/grips. I look at some of your competitor's products (especially an umbrella brand with a 3 letter acronym name) and I swear it's the same stuff for the past 20 years...it's the same with another company that produces a popular "spider" model dart. Their selection/models haven't changed for 20 years.

Guess I'm looking at this with more of a sociological background....why specific regions prefer certain products, why a vast percentage of people in one region use a grip stye that isn't as prevalent overseas even though it's the same exact game.

Any thoughts on the Americans and their love of knurling? And do you find your knurled darts are some of most consistent sellers?

Thanks...sorry for such an odd question. Figured it would be interesting to see your view/thoughts as a manufacturer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASK TARGET DARTS --- All Questions Here Getagrip 107 6,310 08-11-2019, 07:23 AM
Last Post: _TOPS_
  Winmau Darts Related Questions here: Getagrip 71 25,257 12-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Molrix
  Two questions about darts/stems? cpohd 5 550 11-26-2018, 05:39 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Cosmo Darts Feedback Thread Getagrip 119 44,310 08-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  One80's darts related questions Getagrip 37 12,264 07-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  The weekly "Peter Wright has new darts" thread vanJupp 15 3,459 02-03-2018, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Parvez1971
  Gold Voks darts Chappers 4 56,642 08-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: VOKSDARTS
  General questions relating to One80 darts Getagrip 21 9,526 08-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Last Post: tracy peckinpaugh