Jockey Wilson: did he have dartitis??
Having been struggling with dartitis for almost 4 years I can honestly say Jockey didn't have it. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it has tainted the game I love and took for granted for years. I can't explain how or why it started just one day I struggled to release the dart.
jocky trade mark snatching drive of the darts
I was led to understand that dartitis was the inability to let go/release the dart correctly at arms length & the action was more or less the same up to that point Stand corrected if wrong.
If Jocky had dartitis it made him a much, much, much better player.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
check the link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dartitis

Inability to throw is an acute form.  The yips is still dartitis.
It often becomes an issue with high level Snooker Players.

The cue needs to be delivered in a smooth and regimented manner and there MUST be a distinct pause, between the "feathering" and then the final forward movement of the cue.

The pause becomes a sub-concious act but when you change things and intentionally focus on extending or reducing the pause, all sorts of issues can be unearthed Sad As in darts, timing, consistency and repetition of specific movements is vital.

Its damn annoying when you go to play the impact stroke and your arm just will not move. I imagine it would be the same in Darts, though I personally have not seen a darts player suffering from it.
Datadart Orion 25gms - Med Pro Grip Shafts - Ten X Flights

Interesting
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I love watching Jocky on youtube. I was too young to remember him as a player.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jocky wilson last year's query NiteEyez 14 1,976 09-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: JamieJ
  Jocky Wilson Getagrip 11 8,176 11-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Cooper84
  Scotlands Best Ever Champion " Jocky Wilson " Getagrip 7 8,573 01-16-2014, 06:37 AM
Last Post: DIRTY G