Snatching is bad ! Open that hand please!
It's definetly something that I'm guilty of, I do have to keep reminding myself of the basics - often refer to the Paul Lim A-B-C videos.

If I can take it out of my general game then it will help when I'm under pressure in match situations
I just go with what is natural. The more you think about it the worse it is.
What is natural is often wrong. There
I said it. Wrong.
Dumb phone won't edit. It is wrong because a snatch is often the result of fear. Under a stressful situation the fight or flight reflex is triggered. Fight is to follow through as smoothly as in practice. Your struggle ...your fight is to be smooth. The snatch is an "oh no, don't miss..STOP" thing. It is flight... f
If that is natural, then the mental game needs work. You need to build confidence in your stroke. Do flight school. It will help.
When you say "open the hand" I am not understanding exactly what you mean by that. Does anyone have a diagram or a photo that shows how the hand is suppose to look when open?
I would sooner say "open the elbow"
What I think we're on about here is making sure your hand ends up palm down and your arm as straight as can be at the end of your throw.

I am tired today so apologies if I fail to make sense.
[Image: SJPX5hS.png]

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Just got back into the game. Trying to decide what works for me after a while out!

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Does anyone have a link to a video of a dart player who has their hand open during their throw? Maybe a side type view so I can understand exactly what you mean by having your palm open. I ask this because I feel like I been snatching a lot more of my darts recently. Not sure if it is my grip or not having my hand open just trying to figure it out.
Search slow motion darts on yiutube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ht-pLRuw60

Is the guy in white snatching?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Snatching your darts is bad -bad-bad *Saber* 75 28,187 08-23-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: laconic
  Stop Snatching & Throw Smooth. HOW?? Snooks 7 1,597 04-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Chipdiddytim
  Snatching? Frisco 13 4,252 04-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: The G