Snatching is bad ! Open that hand please!
Snatching is bad,snatching is bad, snatching is bad, extend that arm reach for the target and open that hand. I have been holding on to my darts too long and not opening my hand near the very end of my throw. I know better and just realized that I was not opening that hand . Concentrated a bit on that and now much,much better grouping. Strange how something you know to do and fall out of the habit and then have to correct. Should be natural for me now but competition can cause me to do these things lol.
I agree, and I know when I dont release that dart right, it often goes off at a funny angle. My difficulty is trying to do it naturally, feels a little too forced at times and puts me off me throw?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I like the occasional snatch
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

(05-05-2013, 12:04 PM)DIRTY G Wrote: I like the occasional snatch

:dodgy: slap
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I completely agree Saber. I have just recently finally started getting full extension on my throw. Much like you grip it feels unnatural at times but the more I do it the more I am finding that proper motion and it is starting to feel far more natural. Hopefully in another year I will be in good shape Big Grin
bump
Never given my release point a second thought. at what point do most people release a dart, as it is still rising, at he top or after the peak?
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

My release is equivalent to Taylors
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

[Image: RqGF7IG.png]
Of course, the extension ought to be a full extension as well..... IMO, slo mo videos of the pros shows that some of their extensions are excessive, but if you always throw that way, you remove one more variable... that being the amount of extension.
So important though to be consistent

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Snatching your darts is bad -bad-bad *Saber* 75 28,227 08-23-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: laconic
  Stop Snatching & Throw Smooth. HOW?? Snooks 7 1,607 04-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Chipdiddytim
  Snatching? Frisco 13 4,253 04-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: The G