Players in the past
Funny how none of these guys are playing competatively today. is it an age thing ? Got to think that the 'skill' would still be there...J.D.
(02-02-2015, 03:50 PM)jimdandy Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I think with some it was a money thing. Later on when they were given life bans by the BDO and there wasn't that much money about on the WDC/PDC side by the time all the court cases were done with a lot of the younger players here had gone to day jobs, while some of the older ones could move into the broadcasting side and have an income.
The cost of all the court cases meant that all the money in the game for about a decade went to lawyers rather than become prize money.
(02-02-2015, 10:25 AM)heppy147 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
There was an interview with Mike and Taylor on the darts channel over Xmas and Gregory said in hindsight he regretted not moving.

I remember Taylor being asked about it and he said he had made the right decision but instead of just saying he had made a lot of money or was a millionaire he had to say it had made him a multi-millionaire.

I think that says a lot about the man imho.
Mike Gregory returned to the BDO in 1994.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Titanium Shafts, blast from past airborneal 2 334 02-28-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: ionicstu
  Blast from the past: Mervyn King 1994 NiteEyez 7 1,644 08-05-2018, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Divugto
  Past Darts Innovations and My Whirlitzers Getagrip 2 4,830 03-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Last Post: rabsmith2