Players in the past
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Is this from the first breakaway WDC tournament?
(01-25-2015, 05:12 PM)JohnL. Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
No. Because the First Tourney they held was the Lada UK Masters '92...

Which Mike Gregory won... and is stated as such under his Pic.

These would've been circa late 93, after Lowe won the '93 BDO Worlds but not before Priestley won the first WDC Worlds in '94.
When did Gregory switch back?
(01-25-2015, 06:27 PM)JohnL. Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Some time in '93... He never competed in the First WDC Worlds.
(01-25-2015, 06:46 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
It was late in the day as I recall as he wasn't able to be at Lakeside either. He ended up pretty much with everyone (except Bobby George) hating him either for leaving in the first place or for going back. I know Bristow once said he never speaks to him.
nice post Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Rod hasn't changed much over the years!
I have read Bristows autobiography and he says he has no problem with Gregory, he had lots of bills like a mortgage and kids to bring up, he said he couldn`t risk it. Eric has spoken to Gregory at least once as in the bio Eric said Gregory regretted not switching. However the other guys feel I could not say.
I also read that the guys that formed the PDC were all for boycotting The 93 Worlds until Eric talked them around
(02-02-2015, 10:25 AM)heppy147 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I was going by the 'Blood on the Carpet' program on the split. Which was before Eric's book I think. In that he says he understood Mike's decision but wasn't happy about the way he went about it and so didn't speak to him any more. Gregory himself said that he wasn't made to feel comfortable when he returned and Bobby said that he felt Mike was treated badly by a lot of players and he found that upsetting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Titanium Shafts, blast from past airborneal 2 335 02-28-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: ionicstu
  Blast from the past: Mervyn King 1994 NiteEyez 7 1,644 08-05-2018, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Divugto
  Past Darts Innovations and My Whirlitzers Getagrip 2 4,830 03-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Last Post: rabsmith2