Weights of Darts
Weight is all feel and preference
I always tell people to just search online to see the largest league in your area, find out what nights/pub they play at, and show up a bit early. A lot of league players carry big cases full of darts with sometimes up to 10 sets. Just be friendly and explain to the players that you're new and would like to try different weights. Most dart players are awesome to new people because it possibly means more players involved in the league. If one of the players let's you throw a bunch of his/her darts, just buy the next beer round for them.

If you like a certain dart, ask for the brand/weight and write it down. Even if it's an expensive model, you can come here and post what you liked and we can recommend some inexpensive alternatives.

I have a friend on a limited budget and he loves my Barney Phase 2's...I pointed him towards a set of Alan Glazier's and he couldn't be happier.

Just getting your hands on darts before buying can really curb buyer's remorse.
whatever the size, dimension, grip etc.. was it ever be. You MUST love you darts. Hence "Trust " your darts.
its like a relation with other gender. if you feel something boring. just leave them.. They wont whine at the end. And while you have a chance... play as much as different darts as you can.. Big Grin
I'm not so called, a real darts nut!!
(01-21-2015, 12:06 AM)Cyanide Wrote: Weight is the least important thing in darts imo. Once you find the right flight/stem that works with your throw you should be able to throw ANY barrel weight with similar accuracy.

I agree!
People give too much attention to the weight when they should give to finding the shaft and flight combination that best suit their throwing style.
Mu suggestion is find your throw first.

Good luck.

Lucas

My lightsaber: Bull's Mamba 97 24g
My blaster: DPC Golden Guns 23 g
My astrodroid (helps me when I need it): Bull's Pegasus 24g
My ship: Short
My wings: Standard / Harrows Click / Condor

My dart collection: https://flic.kr/s/aHskHdPmnt

Hi guys. I started out with 22g, then went all the way down to 14g and have been up as high as 26g for regular playing. Im now back at 22g at the mo.
(08-02-2019, 02:56 PM)Rob Sciberras Wrote: Hi guys. I started out with 22g, then went all the way down to 14g and have been up as high as 26g for regular playing. Im now back at 22g at the mo.

I think i started at 23g, I've never been as low as 14 but I've tried from 20-26g and have found I'm comfortable between 22 and 24g, and am also using 22g for now
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
I love this topic although everything that has already been said echoes my feelings too. When I first started playing, I had a set of 28 gram Bottelsen GT's, and then in the next few seasons moved to a 28 gram Laserdarts Black Widow. I did better with the latter than the former. But I eventually drifted down to 24 grams and stayed there for years and years. I am drifting down again. These days my go-to set is a 19 gram Voks El-C Nobu, and my backup set is a 22 gram Eric Bristow Power Point. But I love all my darts and I throw all weights when I am just having fun!
Hello, first post here. Question on weight as it pertains to soft-tip boards. I bought a Dartslive 100S and thanks to the very helpful reviews here I found that 20g is the recommended max for this board. Further thanks to the fun and informative Darts Review Channel YouTube reviews, I see that the full kit adds about 1.6g to the weight listed by the manufacturer. Wondering, then, if the max weight listed for the board ties into the weight listed by the manufacturer which seems to be for the barrel only, or if the max weight for the board is inclusive of the entire dart. I'm trying to decide between a Harrows 18g and 20g dart. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
(08-02-2019, 04:50 PM)Casey of Saint Paul Wrote: Hello, first post here. Question on weight as it pertains to soft-tip boards. I bought a Dartslive 100S and thanks to the very helpful reviews here I found that 20g is the recommended max for this board. Further thanks to the fun and informative Darts Review Channel YouTube reviews, I see that the full kit adds about 1.6g to the weight listed by the manufacturer. Wondering, then, if the max weight listed for the board ties into the weight listed by the manufacturer which seems to be for the barrel only, or if the max weight for the board is inclusive of the entire dart. I'm trying to decide between a Harrows 18g and 20g dart. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.  Probably get more answers in the soft tip area, but takes a while to get your bearings around here - lol.  I also believe the weight limit is for fully loaded darts. Which makes sense.

I know we have numerous posts on this, but couldn't find much with a quick search.  Mind you, I'm upgrading my desktop as we speak, so not firing on all cylinders. Tongue