Dartman Smart dartboard review
(03-14-2015, 12:04 PM)ninjabadger Wrote: Hi guys,

Stumbled across a previous version of the firmware for this board.

It's can be found here:

http://smartdartboard.com/instructions.php

It has more simple animations but I much prefer the sound effects. Pretty much every sound is different. Specifically there is no longer a fart noise for a miss.

Remember to delete sd card before copying resource file over.

You will loose any player info.

I'm using this until the next update comes out. There is also some download able instructions for the board. Better than the ones that came with it.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi mate and welcome aboard!

Nice find, I might give it a try. That fart sound is funny though lol

I wonder if I use a separate microsd card and try it with that it should keep my old data?

Also do you know if that firmware version has any issues/bugs etc?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I've played various games with no issue.

Yes you could use another sd and keep your original. Try it out.

I keep meaning to try a faster sd card on the latest firmware to see if animations are smoother.

I believe a lot of the sounds from the firmware I found are the same as a darts live board so perhaps they had to change before release.

I don't mind the fart noise when playing the 01 games but gets very repetitive playing other games like cricket, Shanghai and half it.
Hopefully people might be able to make bespoke sounds and animations soon Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Would be very happy with darts live sounds, better animations and a more reasonable computer AI.
I would like player 1 to be on top while playing cricket.
I had an message on 26th March stating I would be sent an update file to try out.

Have yet received nothing. Chased a few times and got assured it would be sent however now I'm just being ignored.

It's so annoying for me as I bought with the intention of playing the AI but it's just to hard to make it fair.

Just feels like now Dartman have money from their boards they don't care about the customers with problems.
I had sent a message to Antony Chan inquiring about the Smart and SDB boards using the message feature of Facebook two weeks ago, but received no reply.
Juniper Terrace Soft-Tip Darts - Possibly the first and only soft-tip darts group in Atlantic Canada!
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Soft-Tip: 18g McCoy
Steel-Tip: 18g Crusader
with conversion points
I never came back and updated my experience. So I have had the board awhile now. I probably played around 25 games on it till I took it off my wall. No matter which darts were used, there were too many bounce outs for my liking. I have since borrowed my friends Dartslive 100s board and even though it doesn't have the LCD, it's a much better board.

Dartman said there would be a firmware update in March, it's now June and no update at all. I would advise any serious Dart player against buying this board. My Viper boards which are about a quarter of the price have about an equal number of bounce outs. Maybe it's the way I throw, but it happens to all my friends as well. I may look into selling the board as it is brand new, but I do not like my darts hitting the concrete a couple times each game I play. I would say it bounces out once every 10-15 throws. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Bottom line: I would advise looking into a different board if you can live without the lcd
(06-10-2015, 04:29 PM)reeko0530 Wrote: I never came back and updated my experience. So I have had the board awhile now. I probably played around 25 games on it till I took it off my wall. No matter which darts were used, there were too many bounce outs for my liking. I have since borrowed my friends Dartslive 100s board and even though it doesn't have the LCD, it's a much better board.

Dartman said there would be a firmware update in March, it's now June and no update at all. I would advise any serious Dart player against buying this board. My Viper boards which are about a quarter of the price have about an equal number of bounce outs. Maybe it's the way I throw, but it happens to all my friends as well. I may look into selling the board as it is brand new, but I do not like my darts hitting the concrete a couple times each game I play. I would say it bounces out once every 10-15 throws. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Bottom line: I would advise looking into a different board if you can live without the lcd

I meant to do an update too. On the whole it is still working ok but I have noticed more bounce-outs recently, it seems like the segments have gotten a bit looser so I don't know if that may be a reason. I can still throw a lot without too many bounce-outs but then I seem to get a flurry of them which is a little strange. Having said that though I have thrown some heavier soft tip darts at it so I don't know if that may have caused them to be looser. One other problem I have noticed though which is rather annoying is sometimes my dart seems to wedge the segment in somehow so when I throw a following dart or two it does not register a score, thankfully it does not happen too often though.

I seem to have less problems with the tips that come with the Bulls Fighter darts, I think they are Ultima tips but when I get chance I might try to get inside the machine and make the segments less loose if I can and see what affect that has.

I don't think my darts bounce out as much as you say yours do though but like I said in my review I had nothing else to compare to, well I do now after trying the VSPhoenix machine but it would be unfair to compare it to that really. Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

cracking review

This is something I am very interested in - but I think I would like one that connects via bluetooth to my computer/phone - which I believe is possible now ?

I live in Korea so I think I am in the right place for this sort of thing - I hope anyway !!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 66 25,447 05-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Last Post: goonas
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 123 43,759 05-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 68 34,197 01-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Jockyoche78
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 5,779 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 21,382 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 47,158 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 148,956 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,015 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 65,880 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean
  Cuesoul Pro Championship Dartboard review and Cuesoul surround review Getagrip 10 5,379 12-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Getagrip