Dartman Smart dartboard review
Yeah that sounds like a good possibility Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Well I spoke to dartman and he told me that either Target and Lip point with a minimum 24mm length is what they recommend. Those are my 2 go to tips and almost everyone that might started with the lip points. I have been playing nightly on the board and for the first time, I have broken 2 shafts, the front point/tip broke off requiring me to drill put the remaining flush piece inside my barrel. I use a 18gram Tungsten barrel, fit medium/long shift and a slim kite fit flight. I have the board mounted above a concrete floor which doesn't help.

My solution was to run up to the store and buy a carpet fragment that was left over. I laid some thicker shah type carpeting on my garage floor to help keep my darts safe when they bounce out. My throw is a pretty straight line, medium/fast throw. The is very minimal arch and no tail wobble in my dart. I am going to keep trying things to see if I can alleviate this issue. If I find something that works, I will post it to help everyone.

The LCD on this board though is phenomenal. If I could only solve the bounce out issue, I would be ecstatic. Seriously the best home display you can buy other than going into more expensive territory.

One other minor gripe is when playing 2 player cricket, player 1 is on the bottom while player 2 is on the top. It still has been throwing everyone off. I hope they update the firmware to correct this.
(03-03-2015, 09:23 PM)reeko0530 Wrote: Well I spoke to dartman and he told me that either Target and Lip point with a minimum 24mm length is what they recommend. Those are my 2 go to tips and almost everyone that might started with the lip points. I have been playing nightly on the board and for the first time, I have broken 2 shafts, the front point/tip broke off requiring me to drill put the remaining flush piece inside my barrel. I use a 18gram Tungsten barrel, fit medium/long shift and a slim kite fit flight. I have the board mounted above a concrete floor which doesn't help.

My solution was to run up to the store and buy a carpet fragment that was left over. I laid some thicker shah type carpeting on my garage floor to help keep my darts safe when they bounce out. My throw is a pretty straight line, medium/fast throw. The is very minimal arch and no tail wobble in my dart. I am going to keep trying things to see if I can alleviate this issue. If I find something that works, I will post it to help everyone.

The LCD on this board though is phenomenal. If I could only solve the bounce out issue, I would be ecstatic. Seriously the best home display you can buy other than going into more expensive territory.

One other minor gripe is when playing 2 player cricket, player 1 is on the bottom while player 2 is on the top. It still has been throwing everyone off. I hope they update the firmware to correct this.

I hope some solution is found then, I think I will have to buy a variety of points and experiment a little.

Is the spider on the other soft tip boards the same sort of plastic, like a kind of rigid type or is it softer and more flexy? Also when your darts are in the holes can you tell if one board is tighter than the other?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I cannot put my finger on it. I am not sure if it's the spider causing the bounce outs or not. Many times I am not near the spider and I get the bounce outs. I have tried with and without the cushion behind the board as well, no difference. I am going to keep trying other tips. I ordered a few different brands to see if there are differences. Like I said the board looks amazing. I just want my darts to stick a bit more. If I do come across a better solution, I will definitely post it. I did message dartman asking if there could be an option to put player 1 at the top instead of the bottom. Still throws me off when I throw as after so many years, you get accustomed to player 1 up top as it is everywhere else.
Yeah keep us informed how you get on and if you find any more info Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I have tried the L Style lip points from A-Z darts. This has made the board much more consistent. Still not the greatest, but much better. YMMV. If I find the ultimate solution, I will update.
I played 30 rounds (99 darts) with the Bulls Fighter Udi yesterday using the tips that they came with, don't know what they are and out of the 99 darts thrown I had 5 bounceouts. I then swapped the tips for some lippoints which were definitely a bit thicker and harder to pull out of the board. Had another 30 rounds and only had 1 bounceout.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I'm using white Harrows Dimplex points 27mm in my Dartman Ultra and have no more than two bounce outs per game.
Thanks guys, will try the other tips
Hi guys,

Stumbled across a previous version of the firmware for this board.

It's can be found here:

http://smartdartboard.com/instructions.php

It has more simple animations but I much prefer the sound effects. Pretty much every sound is different. Specifically there is no longer a fart noise for a miss.

Remember to delete sd card before copying resource file over.

You will loose any player info.

I'm using this until the next update comes out. There is also some download able instructions for the board. Better than the ones that came with it.

Hope this helps someone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 35,391 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 26,653 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 123 45,557 05-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,041 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,319 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 48,038 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 150,351 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,490 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 66,838 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean
  Cuesoul Pro Championship Dartboard review and Cuesoul surround review Getagrip 10 5,553 12-15-2016, 09:41 AM