Dartman Smart dartboard review
Might be best to wait, I think end of March is the date I was told Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
To anyone who has received this board, how long did shipping take? I paid about 3 days ago and they said it shipped. I have asked for a tracking number multiple times and have not been provided one as of yet. Thanjs
about a week, I think he mentioned on FB that he has sent off 6 boards to the U.S. recently, one must be yours I guess Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks!
According to a similar softboard(Gran Board), the round foam is a replacement piece to put on inside between the board segments and the electronic circuit.
(02-13-2015, 02:48 PM)Smobras Wrote: According to a similar softboard(Gran Board), the round foam is a replacement piece to put on inside between the board segments and the electronic circuit.

yeah I seen that vid too

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I had a chance to give the dartman some heavy action yesterday, I am awaiting word back from Dartman as we had serious bounce out issues that were probably the worst we have seen on any soft tip board tried. We had 5-6 different types of tips tried and ended up breaking so many tips, shafts and flights from bounce outs it was unbelievable. The bounce outs were strange as well, the darts didn't just bounce out and fall down as on other boards. These shot off the dartman flying a good 4 feet back to the thrower, never seen anything like it. We had 12 players and 6 boards. My Viper 797 that cost a mere 35usd had 1 bounce out for every 8 to the dartman. Not sure if I need to buy some special type of tip or something else. Everyone used 18g darts. The best way to describe it was it looked like the dart was hitting the Web of the board and just crazily bouncing out even though it was definitely the segments causing this as well. I will post what the response is to my inquiry. Suffice it to say, the dartman required me finding a cushiony rug to place under it to protect darts flying out.

The Lcd screen is truly amazing on this board though, everyone initially gravitated toward the board. Once the bounce outs were seen, Noone wanted to use it as it was breaking darts due to bounce outs. The dartslive 100s ate darts all night and really stole the show. I may be had one bounce out every 3 games, by far the best board used all night. If only I could take the Lcd and put it on the dartslive, it would be a perfect board.
I've been very interested in in the Dartman Smart and the Dartslive 100s and Reeko0530 your experience with the bounce-outs on the Smart was disappointing. Please keep us informed of any developments.

EDIT: I'm guessing that maybe the tips you're using may be causing your bounce-out problem as there does seem to be very slight variations in hole diameters and hole design between different manufacturers.
Juniper Terrace Soft-Tip Darts - Possibly the first and only soft-tip darts group in Atlantic Canada!
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Soft-Tip: 18g McCoy
Steel-Tip: 18g Crusader
with conversion points
Well like I say in my review this is the first soft tip board of any kind that I have played on, so I don't know if the few bounce outs I had were excessive or not but I was actually expecting a lot more issues with the way my darts enter the board. I had some bounce outs as I was expecting though, I just don't know if it was more than it would be on another board. I will have to do a little experiment and throw 100 darts or something and see how many bounceouts I get. I know when my nephew had a go the other day he played for nearly an hour and I think he had 3 or 4 bounceouts.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think trying other tips may solve Reeko0530's problem, for example, on another thread I had rated the Target Pixel as the best tip I've used to date on our Viper boards, but another member commented "Pixel tip is the worst for D2, can't even stick to D2 machine each throw".

So it could be a similar combination - a particular tip that doesn't work well with the Smart board. Anyway it's a thought.
Juniper Terrace Soft-Tip Darts - Possibly the first and only soft-tip darts group in Atlantic Canada!
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Soft-Tip: 18g McCoy
Steel-Tip: 18g Crusader
with conversion points

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 35,432 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 26,701 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 123 45,602 05-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,048 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,342 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 48,073 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 150,393 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,496 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 66,858 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean
  Cuesoul Pro Championship Dartboard review and Cuesoul surround review Getagrip 10 5,556 12-15-2016, 09:41 AM