Dartman Smart dartboard review
Hi,
I am hoping to get a darts tournment going in my area as there are none, and just tried getting this board. I would rather get electronic as it is just easier for a not so serious dart league. It is going to cost 220.00 for these stateside obtained directly from the source in the OP. A bit much for a board that you cannot test locally etc in my opinion. Very nice board, just hope the price point comes down. If someone knows where you really can get one of these for 160 please let me know. The 60 dollars makes a huge difference when you have to eventually purchase 5-6 more boards for a league. Thanks
(01-21-2015, 09:31 PM)reeko0530 Wrote: Hi,
I am hoping to get a darts tournment going in my area as there are none, and just tried getting this board. I would rather get electronic as it is just easier for a not so serious dart league. It is going to cost 220.00 for these stateside obtained directly from the source in the OP. A bit much for a board that you cannot test locally etc in my opinion. Very nice board, just hope the price point comes down. If someone knows where you really can get one of these for 160 please let me know. The 60 dollars makes a huge difference when you have to eventually purchase 5-6 more boards for a league. Thanks

Personally, I would never use these in a league setting. I'm going to assume that would mean hanging them up in a public place? It won't be long before some joker comes along and throws a fast ball right down the middle with a nice set of steel tip darts. Or what about the 'angry darter' that likes to punch the board? Believe me, I've seen it all. I used to work for a vendor and it was my job to collect stats and repair/upkeep the machines. I've seen people hit the dartboard so hard they cause the bulbs to blow that illuminate the board. These boards wouldn't last long in a public setting imo.
Yes, I meant a league setting. We cannot use steel tip for insurance reasons here as the room in the building I was planning on renting disallows it due to risk. I would much prefer using 50 dollar Blade 4 boards but it just isnt allowed for us. These wouldnt be "public" so called users, it would be more for people who signed up and most of us are old men just wanting to play darts. =) I really dont think people will be abusing these as there is no alcohol, just darts. I am trying to find reliable yet as frugal as possible dart set.
Wow going to be costly buying all those boards, I asked the guy in China how much they were in the U.S. and that's the price he told me, may be he forgot to add shipping, its quite difficult as there is a language barrier.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Yes I know. Looking through facebook, the initial price was supposed to be about 100 euros, or around 125 US dollars. I was a bit disappointed when he told me that price. I tried to find the Bulls 400s as well but it is out of stock everywhere.
I think they are looking to get more distribution world wide to help bring the cost down but might be a few months away yet.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thank you Getagrip! I have learned alot here from reading. I just became a member today but have been visiting for months. I will keep an eye out if the price drops I will swoop one up to test it out.
(01-21-2015, 11:35 PM)reeko0530 Wrote: Thank you Getagrip! I have learned alot here from reading. I just became a member today but have been visiting for months. I will keep an eye out if the price drops I will swoop one up to test it out.

Well my last message with Antony was about prices and he said he was having a meeting with a distributor to finalise a price but he never got back to me, I will see if I can catch up with him and find out if he got something sorted. Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-21-2015, 09:41 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Well my last message with Antony was about prices and he said he was having a meeting with a distributor to finalise a price but he never got back to me, I will see if I can catch up with him and find out if he got something sorted. Smile

Thank you, please report back if you find the price has lowered. I am interested to see what you find out.
Yeah I will

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 35,709 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 27,019 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 122 46,023 05-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,111 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,635 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 48,410 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 150,819 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,623 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 67,073 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean
  Cuesoul Pro Championship Dartboard review and Cuesoul surround review Getagrip 10 5,590 12-15-2016, 09:41 AM