Dartman Smart dartboard review
(01-13-2015, 06:31 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Just curious Jugger what shape are the holes on the Darts live board ,,,I took this pic to compare with the dartman board and and any others that I run across,,,This is a pic of the Arachnid Galaxy board,,,, They were the pioneers of soft tip back in the day ,,, notice the holes are square ,,,

[img][Image: f659a606-10fd-4cff-9084-9098e6fcee88_zpsd919045b.jpg][/img]

I believe they are the same as the dartman board... square... ish with the actual hole being round. I'd imagine that style would decrease bounceouts as opposed to all the flat spaces left if they were just round. I don't recall ever really looking though..

I'll have a look later
First of all, excellent review for someone who hasn't had experience with a soft tip board before.

A couple things I noticed. When you mentioned the computer was playing really well... It was using a full bull. That means it was scoring on the bullseye and any part of it was worth 50 points. That would explain the sky high averages. It would also explain why it hit a 10 dart game on the highest level. A 10 dart game is a 'perfect' game with soft tip. Keep in mind the outs are different in soft tip. For example, with 68 left the computer is going 18, bull to end the game. If you're trying to play regular steel tip rules against a computer that's using full bull.... good luck. Ya ain't going to win much.

I also noticed that you're pulling the darts straight out. If you spin them clockwise as you pull they will come out MUCH easier. It will also self tighten tips. A win win.

As far as the broken points that remain in the board. You can get a broken point extractor.
http://www.amazon.com/Soft-Tip-Remover-B...B000ZHXK2S
Great review matey, the Dartman looks like one of the best on the market to me. Just one thing to add to the comments above. When you mentioned 'Master out' that means that you can check out on a double, or a treble, and if you have the bull option set to fifty (where the whole of the bullseye including outer is worth 50 poits), you can alsocheck out on any part of the bullseye too. If you check out dartslive.tv there are loads of games you can watch on the dartslive Japanese pro circuit, or the World circuit. On the japanese circuit they play a split bullseye rule for 01, and on the World circuit they play the whole bull as fifty points with master out. Makes checking out much easier, and puts real emphasis on the scoring.
Excellent review grip, +1. I really love the board. The colors look great on a soft tip board for a change. Something like this would definitely get me into soft tip. I hope it is like everything electronic and the price will come down pretty quickly, but you never know.

I think the red button might be squishy on purpose so it doesn't do anything if you hit it with a dart accidentally.

As for the levels against the computer maybe 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest? But the master outs and using the bull will definitely increase your ave.
(01-13-2015, 08:17 PM)Rodney Wrote: nice review as always and nice looking board +1

Cheers Rodders! Smile

(01-14-2015, 07:34 AM)Cyanide Wrote: First of all, excellent review for someone who hasn't had experience with a soft tip board before.

A couple things I noticed. When you mentioned the computer was playing really well... It was using a full bull. That means it was scoring on the bullseye and any part of it was worth 50 points. That would explain the sky high averages. It would also explain why it hit a 10 dart game on the highest level. A 10 dart game is a 'perfect' game with soft tip. Keep in mind the outs are different in soft tip. For example, with 68 left the computer is going 18, bull to end the game. If you're trying to play regular steel tip rules against a computer that's using full bull.... good luck. Ya ain't going to win much.

I also noticed that you're pulling the darts straight out. If you spin them clockwise as you pull they will come out MUCH easier. It will also self tighten tips. A win win.

As far as the broken points that remain in the board. You can get a broken point extractor.
http://www.amazon.com/Soft-Tip-Remover-B...B000ZHXK2S

Thanks Cy!

I thought I had changed the value of the Bull to the same as steel tip, 25 for outer and 50 for inner, but the Bull area is definitely the biggest scoring target, I will have to check that Smile

Good tip on pulling the darts out too, I do that naturally on steel tip but never thought of doing it on this, will be why I end up screwing the points in after every go, I wont have to if I twist and pull, cheers!

Nice link for the tool too, I will have to get one Smile

(01-14-2015, 09:00 AM)cheeseandculture Wrote: Great review matey, the Dartman looks like one of the best on the market to me. Just one thing to add to the comments above. When you mentioned 'Master out' that means that you can check out on a double, or a treble, and if you have the bull option set to fifty (where the whole of the bullseye including outer is worth 50 poits), you can alsocheck out on any part of the bullseye too. If you check out dartslive.tv there are loads of games you can watch on the dartslive Japanese pro circuit, or the World circuit. On the japanese circuit they play a split bullseye rule for 01, and on the World circuit they play the whole bull as fifty points with master out. Makes checking out much easier, and puts real emphasis on the scoring.

Cheers Cheese! that explains a lot, think I am going to start setting up with those proper rules in mind and put the Bull to some use, checking out on a Treble will be fun too Smile

(01-14-2015, 11:41 AM)Ni518079 Wrote: Excellent review grip, +1. I really love the board. The colors look great on a soft tip board for a change. Something like this would definitely get me into soft tip. I hope it is like everything electronic and the price will come down pretty quickly, but you never know.

I think the red button might be squishy on purpose so it doesn't do anything if you hit it with a dart accidentally.

As for the levels against the computer maybe 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest? But the master outs and using the bull will definitely increase your ave.

Cheers Nick!

Yeah I was surprised it was as good as it is and how much fun it can be too! Think you could be right about the button, when its fixed up though I find it easier just to kind of brush over it and it registers every time. The CPU is definitely 1 for low and 5 for high, I have tried it a few times now and on level 5 it just hits lots of 180's lol!

Going to use that bull more though Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Great review. From what I understand, a "Master Out" means you can check out using either a double or a triple. Same as regular 501 but adds a triple.

In a lot of soft tip leagues, you typically single out.

If I get back into soft tips, I'm definitely picking up a set of the heavier Shot darts or have Madhouse add a female thread to some steel tips.
Great review, i am a steel tipper, but this looks really great. But i cant stant the sounds in the video when you trow those 24 grams at it.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
(01-14-2015, 02:04 PM)Regulatori Wrote: Great review. From what I understand, a "Master Out" means you can check out using either a double or a triple. Same as regular 501 but adds a triple.

In a lot of soft tip leagues, you typically single out.

If I get back into soft tips, I'm definitely picking up a set of the heavier Shot darts or have Madhouse add a female thread to some steel tips.

Thanks Jeff! I am learning with it, and although I know a lot of steel Tippers will turn their noses up at it I think it has a worth of its own as in a way its just darts but a slightly different format but more fun than I was expecting it to be, I need to take it down to get some steel tip reviews done but I feel reluctant to do so lol! Not got time to fix it up to the wall yet but will have to make time as I think I will start getting withdrawal symptoms Smile

(01-14-2015, 02:21 PM)Joene Wrote: Great review, i am a steel tipper, but this looks really great. But i cant stant the sounds in the video when you trow those 24 grams at it.

Thanks mate, yeah I think the clatter could be the thing that gets annoying but after a while your in the game and don't really notice it so much Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Also added a link to the main review for Dartman France's Facebook page, you can buy there too Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I also see boards like that as a perfect party/fun board when you have a group together that aren't serious dart players. The machine adds up the points, you get cool graphics/sound effects, bounce-outs count, most likely has lots of fun games (besides cricket/501), etc..

You pull out a steel tip board and it's a little daunting for people that don't play darts...a board like this has kind of a Wii video game feel to it (appealing to a wider range of people).

I wonder if you can quiet it down some by adding some type of sound deadening to the back between the board/wall...like the dynamat (spelling??) type insulation they use on cars with loud stereos.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 35,713 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 27,021 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 122 46,027 05-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,112 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,637 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 48,412 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 150,820 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,623 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 67,074 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean
  Cuesoul Pro Championship Dartboard review and Cuesoul surround review Getagrip 10 5,590 12-15-2016, 09:41 AM