For new people, give this a read before doing an intro...
(04-12-2016, 07:39 PM)MegaRon Wrote: Greetings Dartnutz, my name is Ron. I'm from Cheyenne Wyoming USA. I have been playing soft tip darts for 5 years. I play in a lot of local Leagues (3 nights a week) practice on remote cricket games, usally show up to a blind draw or tournament every other month, and never miss state. Almost two years ago I convinced a friend of mine to invest in G3 Bullshooters and start his own leagues. Leagues have been running smoothly and gaining players. Although trying to help build a league has resulted in playing far to nice and with new beginner partners which in turn has sunk my avg some. I have been throwing Targets Power 9Zero barrels, with fit flight shafts and pear spinners for the last year. I really love the barrels, the consistent grip across the entire barrel and small diameter have really helped my accuracy. I'm currently in the market for a good home board that my darts will actually stick in, so any advice would be great. Also looking to change shaft and flight setup (fit flight don't hold up and are pricy). Glad I found this group, I could and will talk darts for hours. Thanks for reading. 

Hello Ron and thanks for joining and sharing your story, glad you found us too! Have fun! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(04-12-2016, 07:39 PM)MegaRon Wrote: Greetings Dartnutz, my name is Ron. I'm from Cheyenne Wyoming USA. I have been playing soft tip darts for 5 years. I play in a lot of local Leagues (3 nights a week) practice on remote cricket games, usally show up to a blind draw or tournament every other month, and never miss state. Almost two years ago I convinced a friend of mine to invest in G3 Bullshooters and start his own leagues. Leagues have been running smoothly and gaining players. Although trying to help build a league has resulted in playing far to nice and with new beginner partners which in turn has sunk my avg some. I have been throwing Targets Power 9Zero barrels, with fit flight shafts and pear spinners for the last year. I really love the barrels, the consistent grip across the entire barrel and small diameter have really helped my accuracy. I'm currently in the market for a good home board that my darts will actually stick in, so any advice would be great. Also looking to change shaft and flight setup (fit flight don't hold up and are pricy). Glad I found this group, I could and will talk darts for hours. Thanks for reading. 

Hello and Welcome to Darts Nutz Smile glad you found us
[Image: 15772798406_680313104f_c.jpg]

Member previously known as Daveheald

Morning...I'm a new member, and I know it's late/early but hey ho!

I got into darts shortly after the World Matchplay in 2013, then went to university in Lancaster and joined the college team...two years later and I'm the captain of the team, and darts has become quite a big part of what I do when I'm avoiding my particle physics degree Wink

Currently throwing with the Target Taylor Gen 2 26g (I know it's fairly unoriginal but I'm a rear gripper, like "bullet"-shaped darts and the square grip is actually pretty good for me!) and considering having a go with the new ones...but very much waiting for the student loan to come in first!

I've had a couple of scarily high checks, a couple of 160s and a 157 in the last year and currently have the highest check in the uni this year (evn though nobody believes me!) although I did miss 3 170s in a week in February this year... when it comes to actually playing the game I'm a relatively slow-ish scorer but counting and checking is where I tend to make up ground on the competition at uni, and won 14 of 16 games in the uni league this year.

I'm very keen about darts and thoroughly enjoy watching or playing darts...but the sheer number of "double-1 off's" that I've had to score as captain has been painful. 150+ dart legs get very boring after a while :s

I'm a big Phil Taylor fan, and my darts collection (and bank account!) reflects that right now (Phase 5 Rosso, Phase 5 LP, Power 9Five Gen 1, Power 9Five Gen 2 and the slightly random addition of the James Wade Phase 2s!)...but if you're gonna pick anyone to model a throw on from the start of your darts life a 16 times world champ is probably one of the better ones to pick!

So that's pretty much me as a darts player, amongst too many other things, and I'm looking forward to becoming an acive member of he forum having read a lot here over the last couple of years.

So yeah, I'm Rob...and I guess I'm now a DartsNut haha
Welcome Rob. Sounds like you'll fit in and have plenty of stories to share from your uni darts scene Smile
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(04-15-2016, 03:50 AM)Rob Richardson Wrote: Morning...I'm a new member, and I know it's late/early but hey ho!

I got into darts shortly after the World Matchplay in 2013, then went to university in Lancaster and joined the college team...two years later and I'm the captain of the team, and darts has become quite a big part of what I do when I'm avoiding my particle physics degree Wink

Currently throwing with the Target Taylor Gen 2 26g (I know it's fairly unoriginal but I'm a rear gripper, like "bullet"-shaped darts and the square grip is actually pretty good for me!) and considering having a go with the new ones...but very much waiting for the student loan to come in first!

I've had a couple of scarily high checks, a couple of 160s and a 157 in the last year and currently have the highest check in the uni this year (evn though nobody believes me!) although I did miss 3 170s in a week in February this year... when it comes to actually playing the game I'm a relatively slow-ish scorer but counting and checking is where I tend to make up ground on the competition at uni, and won 14 of 16 games in the uni league this year.

I'm very keen about darts and thoroughly enjoy watching or playing darts...but the sheer number of "double-1 off's" that I've had to score as captain has been painful. 150+ dart legs get very boring after a while :s

I'm a big Phil Taylor fan, and my darts collection (and bank account!) reflects that right now (Phase 5 Rosso, Phase 5 LP, Power 9Five Gen 1, Power 9Five Gen 2 and the slightly random addition of the James Wade Phase 2s!)...but if you're gonna pick anyone to model a throw on from the start of your darts life a 16 times world champ is probably one of the better ones to pick!

So that's pretty much me as a darts player, amongst too many other things, and I'm looking forward to becoming an acive member of he forum having read a lot here over the last couple of years.

Hello Rob and welcome to the Nutz!

Particle Physics eh, sounds a bit intense, may be we should call you The Prof Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hi,

My name is Reinder, I come from the Netherlands.
My darts setup is Carrera C4 24g.
I play first division in my lokal town.

Fred invited me and recommended to share and learn from you guys.
Hello Darts Nutz,

My name is Quinn and im from Utah in the U.S.

I play soft tip darts, and im not very good but i plan to get better!

My favorite player is Gary Anderson!
Hi just joined I used to play in the Paisley and district pub league about 30 years ago . I haven't played since then untill my son (now 25 years old ) took an interest in the game, that was about 8 months to a year ago. Now I've got the bug again and am enjoying playing again . I've been watching YouTube and really enjoy your reviews so I decided to join the forum.
(04-15-2016, 03:50 AM)Rob Richardson Wrote: Morning...I'm a new member, and I know it's late/early but hey ho!

Hello Rob, Welcome to Darts Nutz Smile Sounds like your a decent player and also looks like you have the buying bug with the Taylor collection, no turning back now and no cure for that lol

(05-03-2016, 07:18 PM)Hodibeu Wrote: Hi,

Hi Reinder, Welcome to Darts Nutz Smile Tha carrera c4 are nice darts to have. Fred is a great member and we are glad he invited you to join us Smile

(06-13-2016, 09:11 PM)quinn1013 Wrote: Hello Darts Nutz,

Hi Quinn, Welcome to Darts Nutz Smile Gary is a great player so many member have him as a favorite. What board are you throwing at ?

(07-03-2016, 12:51 AM)Rabmctav Wrote: Hi just joined I used to play in the Paisley and district pub league about 30 years ago . I haven't played since then untill my son (now 25 years old ) took an interest in the game, that was about 8 months to a year ago. Now I've got the bug again and am enjoying playing again . I've been watching YouTube and really enjoy your reviews so I decided to join the forum.

Hello and Welcome to Darts Nutz Smile Has your son joined up too? Glad you have the bug again and decided to join us. The reviews are the best out there and we are lucky to have Getagrip to do them. What darts are you throwing and which board do you throw at?

(05-03-2016, 07:18 PM)Hodibeu Wrote: Hi,

(06-13-2016, 09:11 PM)quinn1013 Wrote: Hello Darts Nutz,

(07-03-2016, 12:51 AM)Rabmctav Wrote: Hi just joined I used to play in the Paisley and district pub league about 30 years ago . I haven't played since then untill my son (now 25 years old ) took an interest in the game, that was about 8 months to a year ago. Now I've got the bug again and am enjoying playing again . I've been watching YouTube and really enjoy your reviews so I decided to join the forum.

Hello guys, its good to have you here, thanks for joining! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Got the RVB board and cabinet, but after a couple of months and having to turn the board three times I saw the gladiator 2 review and haven't looked back since. It still looks like new . As for darts still looking for the magic formula in the last few months I've got Leighton Rees , Monza's , wizards and long barrel gold ones from red dragon . Now throwing gold finger darts but not enough grip on them so I'll be watching all the reviews again .
Big Grin 
Hi fellow darties, 
My name's Barry Speirs (I'm also known as Bazz) I come from New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand.
I belong to the WDC (Westown Dart Club Inc.) and we play out of the Westend Bowling club every 2nd Friday night here in New Plymouth. I also play in two leagues in the province one on Tuesday & the other on Wednesday night. I'm affiliated to TDA (Taranaki Darts Association, follow us on Facebook pages for more info).   
I too are a newby to this forum but not to others. 
I first picked up a dart at the tender age of 8yrs old (Dads ones but I started playing more seriously 15yrs ago to present day).
Currently playing with Powercore Monza's 26g, I use steel tip darts (haven't tried soft tip yet). 
I have quite a few sets mostly Target Carrera's C3, C4, C5 & C10 as well as Powercore Monza 24g and various sets of Shot darts (these are manufactured here in NZ).
Inherited My Dads darts (Jim Pikes Brand, with Leo Newstead being the player) so are in perfect condition apart from the points, they're too short probably worn down from sharpening LOL.
We have some players in our Westown club that played against the top eight PDC guys that came to the Auckland Masters last month, also both our clubs TDA & WDC are well represented at our National competition in August this year to which I'm attending.
My highest finish is a 156 (T20, T20, D18) in competition but as usual 170 finish when know ones watching!! Angry
I've had loads of 180's (not too sure how many) but as we all know they're worthless if you can't finish! Big Grin  
Haven't really got a fav player that I follow but enjoy watching all on TV.
My fav practice routine is 27 (not sure if you guys play this) but a good game to sharpen up on your doubles.
Oh well that's about my lot as a player for now.
I look forward to chin wagging with you all ....[attachment=9320]

Bazz
Hi my name is Andy and I'm from Northern Ireland in a little town called Bangor. I play from the team called Rose and Chandlers. I only started playing roughly 7-8 months ago I'm 27 years old. I would say I am pretty average most of the time with the odd shocking really good performance with no idea how to recreate it lol. I used Phil Taylor gen 2 24g steel tip darts seems to suit my rear grip quite well. I came across the forum as iv been watching the darts nutz review videos on YouTube quite a lot and came across the forum while searching for a few answers to questions I had.my lowest amount of darts to date is 16 but I'm generally in the 24-28 area which I'd love to improve. My best out shot was 148 ....two treble 20's and double 14 doesn't happen often enough lol.well sorry for rattling on I just can't think of anything useful to say except looking forward to chatting to you all and thanks

Andy
Welcome to the forum from a fellow northerner! Smile
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Welcome all new members Smile it's good to have you here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro of myself Łukasz Kurzawinski 20 311 09-05-2019, 12:44 AM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  Intro jscramer24 20 378 03-24-2019, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Easyrider
Smile Hello People Frum 21 450 01-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Last Post: toeirzt
  Hello. I am new to this site. I'll have to read up on posting & the forum. FLbugler 17 779 07-07-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: FLbugler
  Hello, fellow people that throw sharp things! dudeondacouch 20 801 06-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Cat
  The People markelwen 25 1,213 04-18-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: markelwen
  Greeting people returning forum member tr12cky 15 731 04-16-2018, 04:24 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Intro :-) markymc 12 1,249 11-17-2017, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  A little intro from Australia Michael Balfour 23 1,707 09-18-2017, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Michael Balfour
  Quick Forum Intro Sir_Chjaka 19 1,440 01-30-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85