Trying the Broken Storm Vinegar Trick
Day 1 - will update every week or so

read on here that vinegar can sometimes have an adverse effect on gold coatings so i
held the dart up with a magnet and only submerged just a scosh more than needed.

[Image: EtfgUgZURsUZDFHa6u1qrk2Goc9LtIHV3ThyC6fU...-h327-p-no]
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0

It might take off the black coating too.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(12-31-2014, 05:51 PM)Getagrip Wrote: It might take off the black coating too.

perhaps, but i think i can restore that section if needed.
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0

(12-31-2014, 05:24 PM)Dart Snob Wrote: Day 1 - will update every week or so
only submerged just a scosh more than needed.

[Image: EtfgUgZURsUZDFHa6u1qrk2Goc9LtIHV3ThyC6fU...-h327-p-no]

I only used enough vinegar to cover the the tip. I don't know if it made any difference, but I changed out the vinegar every few days. This will take you about 4 weeks. It will seem like very little is happening and then all of a sudden it happens. I think it takes time for the vinegar to penetrate the metal. The black coating on my Kings was completely unaffected. Even the parts that were submerged. I couldn't tell you now which dart took the treatment. I used white distilled at 5%. I know there is 6% cleaning vinegar out there, that might speed it up a tad. The waiting is the hardest part. I thought I was gonna die.
[Image: BJ8F7UG.png]

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

yeah probably, its just a black paint of some kind, don't think its a pvd coating.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

ok, after 1 week and changing vinegar every couple days as recommended im happy to say that its working well, a brown ring has formed at the level line and im going to guess that probably about 1/2 of the point has dissolved, it was broke flush, but now theres hole that can be depth checked. i did take a couple of those magnets and put them underneath the bowl so that in theory it will pull out any removed material rather than having it settle inside the opening, dont really know if it helps but it cant hurt. so far there is no sign of any damage to the black coating but its not finished yet so still have to see if all goes well there.
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0

SCIENCE!!!

I love experiments!
If I put Larry in some vinegar will he dissolve too?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-08-2015, 03:29 PM)Getagrip Wrote: If I put Larry in some vinegar will he dissolve too?

Or... will people be following him around with chips all day?
(01-08-2015, 03:29 PM)Getagrip Wrote: If I put Larry in some vinegar will he dissolve too?

hey, dont be hi-jacking my thread, or next time ill have to report you to the administrator ... Big Grin
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0

Opps! sorry! Blush:s

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-08-2015, 03:46 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Opps! sorry! Blush:s

Lol
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0

2 weeks in and not much difference in hole depth vs 1 week ago, but an obvious (minor) fading has began to appear on the black coated section.
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0

ouch!
(01-14-2015, 05:10 PM)*Saber* Wrote: ouch!

Not to worry, only your steel point will be affected.Angel
[Image: BJ8F7UG.png]

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math trick for noobies Baloos 10 635 05-24-2019, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Cat
Star DNA Andersons in Vinegar 22-07-2015 Fred-180 21 5,783 05-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Fred-180
  Newbie Trick Rob22 11 3,137 05-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Last Post: guest2
  Remove a broken shaft MrTinkertrain 11 4,154 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Beacon_Darts