How many sets of darts you've bought before finding the perfect set?
For me I like new things. Which is stupid. But I seem like it doesn't matter if a set is perfect for me. I want something new every so often.
According to Terry Jenkins, the dart does not matter.  The player gets used to the dart irrespective of what he uses.  

Taking this to heart, I've decided to use a set of smooth darts.  The reason is that there is no grip to wear out.  The grip on the darts that were most successful for me wore out in no time.
I have my 5th set on its way to me, I started with heavier darts and have worked my way down to 21g with long slim barrels, my perfect dart.
Past 60 set mark already, only play with a few but addicted to trying more darts. Mostly use my Hellfires, Dragons and Wades ( all modified ) more concerned with throwing consistently without knee pain. May have to stop reading Darren's reviews and looking at new product launches though LOL.
My name is ChrisTheFish and I am a dartaholic!
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I would say around 5.

I used the winmau ones I got with the board, then I pushed the boat out and got some brass RVB ones, realised they were testicle, bought myself some Robert Thornton 26g (which I'm trying to sell on eBay if anyone's interested) and the knurled point left big holes on my board, so after those I bought some dragonfly's from RedDragon. This felt weird so I got some Chizzy's last Christmas. I love those darts but thought I'd try something different, opted for Winmau Sniper and now I differentiate between the two Smile
I currently have six sets, but have likely discarded 3-4 others over the years, so lets call it 10 sets so far . . .
I bought about 6 or 7 sets before trying the Unicorn Phase 2's.

Dart World Piranha's, Target Adrian Lewis, Target Precision Discovery, Target Storm, Unicorn John Lowe, Unicorn Phase 6.

Wasn't sure what my dart was until I finally received the Phase 2's Purists.

Everything about the Phase 2's just seem right for me. The length, the feel, the weight. They just tend to go where I throw them.

It's going to take a hell of a dart to ever replace them.
Started Playing - 10/18/2014

Darts Using at The Moment - Unicorn Golden Phase 2 Purists 

Dartboard - Shot! Bandit Plus & Winmau Extreme Dart Board Surround

180's - 3

Highest Checkout - Whole Foods Checkout Line
The problem with darts is that they don't take up much space. They aren't really too expensive. If you're as undisciplined as I am, it's easy to buy, buy, buy!

The next set is THE set, I'm sure.
The next set is always THE set Tongue
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(11-19-2015, 06:40 AM)BigE Wrote: According to Terry Jenkins, the dart does not matter.  The player gets used to the dart irrespective of what he uses.  

Taking this to heart, I've decided to use a set of smooth darts.  The reason is that there is no grip to wear out.  The grip on the darts that were most successful for me wore out in no time.

Well said BigE.

I am starting to entertain that thought about smooth darts.  If they have too much grip I always have trouble releasing.
But the ones that hit that sweet spot for me start losing some of their grip after a couple of weeks which starts to affect my throw. Aargh!
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to find your perfect darts? vanJupp 87 21,301 07-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Last Post: SparkVendetta
  Winmau and how to play perfect darts *Saber* 3 1,846 01-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: toeirzt
  Finding YOUR Setup AD18 12 3,969 08-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: ballouj74
  How I found my perfect darts (so far :) ) Miek 8 2,941 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: off the mark
  Advice requested on a few (cheaper) sets of darts jp58 18 2,760 10-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Last Post: JordWareham501
  Finding “the right darts" Adams 10 3,874 03-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Dalman