How many sets of darts you've bought before finding the perfect set?
Thanks guys I'll have a look!
(12-22-2014, 05:45 AM)majeek Wrote: The next thread title should be: How many sets of darts you've bought after finding the perfect set?

That's very clever and hilarious...very good Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

PS. In fact deserving of a +1
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(12-22-2014, 05:57 AM)0ldjoblo Wrote: I just sent a set of drilled out 9fives back to Madhouse to remove the Storm points and make them into soft tips,,,lol Crazy bug up my arse,,,lol
How much did that cost? I have a set of 20g Part's I want to turn into soft tips.
(12-22-2014, 08:43 AM)Vangolf604 Wrote: awesome replies!!!
yah i just can't seem to stop looking at different barrels. good to know I'm not the only equipment junkie.
one year in golf i ran through 4 different drivers in one season until i found the right one...

i got to try about a dozen darts in my local dart specialty store so i think i got the right ones...until i start get bored and start looking again.

this might be a topic for another thread but I'm gonna ask anyways...
any recommendations for a good online store for soft tip darts in the US or Canada?

Look into our forum sponsors and supporters. Can't go wrong with any of them.

For my soft tips I usually go through world darts. A lot of hard to find in US selection especially for the prices. Shipping is also cheap and fast to US.
I will let you know when I find it, hmm only 1507 sets bought so far Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
got lucky, only took me 9 trys
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0

I've got about a dozen sets and have settled on one set for my main darts. I like to experiment with different sets, but after I tried the main barrel types I settled on one style. But if a set catches my eye I'll have a go. I have yet to try the Wolframs or the Stealths and I'd like to try that type of barrel out.
Darts is like sex. When it's good, it's great. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.
lol still going
Ted Hankey  - 25g with Storms
Monster COBRA 2 22g with storms
Monster REY SOL 22g with storms
Power 9Fives v2 26g with storm smooth
Taylor Gen 3 24g with Storms
Target Haruki Muramatsu Rising Sun 22g

[Image: eZi4B3u_zps02f3488f.png]

[url=http://s571.photobucket.com/user/andjayik/media/eZi4B3u_zps02f3488f.png.html][/url]
I think there has been some good points on here (see what I did there) in that if you are throwing badly you start looking at the possible reasons, after ruling out form issues then it has to be equipment and as a set of darts is relatively cheap new sets are bought......usually for the wrong reasons...

In archery (I shoot at County level and I'm currently ranked 70th in the UK for 2014) its the same but the difference is a quality bow will cost around £1000 and a set of match arrows around £500 for a dozen so its not so easy to buy some points....what it does teach you is that it is rarely the equipment at fault (unless it has developed a fault) so you have to work out what the issue is because unless you are very fortunate and have lots of spare income you can't go out and buy a new setup every time you shoot bad, in the beginning I did exactly that and went through 5 different bows each time convincing myself that the next one would shoot better.... now I shoot a bow that is deemed out of date with arrows that are two seasons old which most of the other archers deem a sacrilege....but I shoot at a consistent high level, when I get into the doldrums I fall back on practice and drilling my form, breaking down each piece of the action whether it be a throw or drawing back a bow they are all made up of different phases and transitions, then you work on each phase and drill it until you are either sick of doing it or you've worked through the problem. It can take the fun out of it but it depends what you want back, high scores or good fun.

I used my archery knowledge as a baseline and have learned that once I'm comfortable with a set of darts if I then start throwing badly I will throw through it no matter how long it takes and it will comeback, sometimes quickly sometimes not so quick.

I used to be good with a certain weight and a certain type of barrel (John Lowe's 21g plain tungsten) but after a 15 year gap I came back and couldn't throw them worth a dam, so the search has begun....
(03-27-2015, 11:45 AM)chrisg333 Wrote: I think there has been some good points on here (see what I did there) in that if you are throwing badly you start looking at the possible reasons, after ruling out form issues then it has to be equipment and as a set of darts is relatively cheap new sets are bought......usually for the wrong reasons...

In archery (I shoot at County level and I'm currently ranked 70th in the UK for 2014) its the same but the difference is a quality bow will cost around £1000 and a set of match arrows around £500 for a dozen so its not so easy to buy some points....what it does teach you is that it is rarely the equipment at fault (unless it has developed a fault) so you have to work out what the issue is because unless you are very fortunate and have lots of spare income you can't go out and buy a new setup every time you shoot bad, in the beginning I did exactly that and went through 5 different bows each time convincing myself that the next one would shoot better.... now I shoot a bow that is deemed out of date with arrows that are two seasons old which most of the other archers deem a sacrilege....but I shoot at a consistent high level, when I get into the doldrums I fall back on practice and drilling my form, breaking down each piece of the action whether it be a throw or drawing back a bow they are all made up of different phases and transitions, then you work on each phase and drill it until you are either sick of doing it or you've worked through the problem. It can take the fun out of it but it depends what you want back, high scores or good fun.

I used my archery knowledge as a baseline and have learned that once I'm comfortable with a set of darts if I then start throwing badly I will throw through it no matter how long it takes and it will comeback, sometimes quickly sometimes not so quick.

I used to be good with a certain weight and a certain type of barrel (John Lowe's 21g plain tungsten) but after a 15 year gap I came back and couldn't throw them worth a dam, so the search has begun....

Great post +1 from me Smile
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to find your perfect darts? vanJupp 87 21,393 07-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Last Post: SparkVendetta
  Winmau and how to play perfect darts *Saber* 3 1,853 01-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: toeirzt
  Finding YOUR Setup AD18 12 3,973 08-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: ballouj74
  How I found my perfect darts (so far :) ) Miek 8 2,949 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: off the mark
  Advice requested on a few (cheaper) sets of darts jp58 18 2,760 10-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Last Post: JordWareham501
  Finding “the right darts" Adams 10 3,883 03-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Dalman