How many sets of darts you've bought before finding the perfect set?
I have 80 odd sets and maybe buy a set a month on average im a bit like Darren i enjoy experimenting with different setups but i only play league with two different sets max.
6 sets...the 6th worked for me...right shape for my hands. 1off EBay just to have Tungsten, 2 were the same, but different weights, 1 from Milky, then the 5th was the right "shape" but shark grip-30 minutes flight time and set them away , and the 6th was "the one"- bought a backup ofthe same darts as my 7th. Have several other sets - have to feed the "Dart Tart".
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
The answer to your question is: a "crapton" or "Buttload"

Pretty sure im sticking with my 23g MVG's but i am finding I am still buying darts just because i'm curious to how they will fly.

So there's no guarantee once you find "the ones" you'll stop buying darts :p
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Unfortunately for most 'The Grail' will be forever elusive Sad because the large majority of players will change their grip, flight, stem, stance etc far too often. They will then feel at some point that their darts are letting them down Undecided and start looking for something new Wink....the phrase "The only thing that's constant in Life is Change," quickly comes to mind on this topic.

However it's so much fun somehow thinking that you'll improve tenfold overnight by changing darts....but remember life's too short and a change is as good as a rest.

Anyway got to go and get back on-line to see what's on offer today Big Grin

Cheers Rolleyes
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

The next thread title should be: How many sets of darts you've bought after finding the perfect set?
I just sent a set of drilled out 9fives back to Madhouse to remove the Storm points and make them into soft tips,,,lol Crazy bug up my arse,,,lol
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
(12-22-2014, 05:57 AM)0ldjoblo Wrote: I just sent a set of drilled out 9fives back to Madhouse to remove the Storm points and make them into soft tips,,,lol Crazy bug up my arse,,,lol

I surely will - if those 9fives are 23g up!
awesome replies!!!
yah i just can't seem to stop looking at different barrels. good to know I'm not the only equipment junkie.
one year in golf i ran through 4 different drivers in one season until i found the right one...

i got to try about a dozen darts in my local dart specialty store so i think i got the right ones...until i start get bored and start looking again.

this might be a topic for another thread but I'm gonna ask anyways...
any recommendations for a good online store for soft tip darts in the US or Canada?
puredarts

reddragondarts

dartscorner

just a few shops. Im sure other people will provide more.
(12-22-2014, 08:43 AM)Vangolf604 Wrote: this might be a topic for another thread but I'm gonna ask anyways...
any recommendations for a good online store for soft tip darts in the US or Canada?

Buy from the UK. You save so much money. My favorite is Pure Darts. Wish I would have known about them earlier. I've bought steel and soft tips from there that cost $35 + $5 shipping....the same darts in the US were $60+

Takes roughly a week (sometimes 10 days) to get the order.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to find your perfect darts? vanJupp 87 21,448 07-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Last Post: SparkVendetta
  Winmau and how to play perfect darts *Saber* 3 1,854 01-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: toeirzt
  Finding YOUR Setup AD18 12 3,973 08-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: ballouj74
  How I found my perfect darts (so far :) ) Miek 8 2,950 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: off the mark
  Advice requested on a few (cheaper) sets of darts jp58 18 2,760 10-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Last Post: JordWareham501
  Finding “the right darts" Adams 10 3,884 03-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Dalman