Why I hate metal stems and like nylon
I think Steve Beaton does
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
hankey uses them i'm sure
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(04-29-2013, 08:44 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Registeraww did I give that impression. hate them
or do you secretly love them and your trying to put everyone else off so you can keep them all,:thinking:
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

(04-29-2013, 04:35 PM)paddydub Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterUsed them in the past during league - flight pops out and the stem is so tight can't get the flight in, messed the flight up them had to change stem and all the flights because I want them to all be the same. Then stem got loose even though I had o-rings. After all that mess it messed my rhythm up. Nooooooo more metal stems. And on bounce outs ya better take the flight off roll it on the table to check if its out of round. Any more questions on the metal demons? Big Grin
that stem was a stowaway , hiding in a corner like a rat lol
(04-28-2013, 04:44 PM)REBEL Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
That has to be my number one reason with them coming loose too easily in a close second
I use metal stems on my M3 darts because they are not like the metal stems for the "regular" dart. I have used 2 of the three since I got them over a year ago. One broke because of a very aggressive robin hood Tongue But they have bounced on hard tile floor and wood-floor and they are still as straight as they werent used ever Smile

But on the "regular" darts, then its only my personalized nylon stems that work Smile

//

Glen
bump
I actually like my flights popping out -- they get wrecked less often -- so another vote for nylon. Also, I had a robin hood jam a metal stem into the barrel and strip the barrel's threads. Ouch. Doubt that can happen with nylon.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn shafts...nylon/polycarb Baloos 5 261 05-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  Durable Metal stems IoloLlywelyn 8 408 04-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Looking for Metallic Coated Nylon Stems Ancient Darter 10 2,979 11-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  Purple Nylon Stems/Gripper 2 thurgood107 8 428 09-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Little al
  Puredarts Deflectagrip Nylon Jakke 2 516 08-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Jakke
  Nylon shafts Blanton 19 2,801 03-07-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Oldsalt
  Nylon stem removal thurgood107 14 1,438 03-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Gotanypop
  Archers Vice Grip nylon stems from Pure. Great White North 19 3,129 11-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Need Recommendations - SLIM Nylon or Plastic Shafts Ancient Darter 15 3,517 09-23-2016, 02:40 AM
Last Post: TheCrane180
  Any shop has nylon/plastics 2ba spare top/micro TheCrane180 3 794 09-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: rich345